Basic Question

WHWells

Joined Sep 26, 2005
The last time I studied any electronics was in 8th grade. Transitor radios were somewhat new back then, but I still consider DVD players some what new. Any way I remember that we have volts, amps, ohms and watts but I really do not remember how the basic relationship was stated. I did not see it in any of thge modules that I reviewed so far.

Will someone please remind me?

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by WHWells@Sep 27 2005, 04:52 PM
The last time I studied any electronics was in 8th grade. Transitor radios were somewhat new back then, but I still consider DVD players some what new. Any way I remember that we have volts, amps, ohms and watts but I really do not remember how the basic relationship was stated. I did not see it in any of thge modules that I reviewed so far.

Will someone please remind me?
[post=10656]Quoted post[/post]​
You couldn't do better than look at the tutorials on this site.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
As a summary:

I = V/R

P = VI

From the above two equations you can show:

P = V^2/R

P = I^2R

For more information, and a deaper look into the above equations for circuits with capactive and inductive elements follow the link posted by pebe above.

WHWells

Joined Sep 26, 2005
Thanks,

I now feel not only forgetful but stupid. I completely missed most of the units. I went right from the first unit in DC to AC.

I thought the material was light. Doh!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by WHWells@Sep 27 2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks,

I now feel not only forgetful but stupid. I completely missed most of the units. I went right from the first unit in DC to AC.

I thought the material was light. Doh!
[post=10665]Quoted post[/post]​
More specifically for your enquiry, you should focus on the following chapter of the DC section: DC: Chapter 2

You can alway post back if you have a specific question or query.