Bad food you've had lately ?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I had some frozen 'Thai Pad' noodle dish given to me, and I under cooked the noodle's and they were like eating the plastic straps around shipping boxes/etc. I ate it tho, I must have been too lazy to cook that day.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
no I had 2, and cooked that 1 right, I didn't like the sweet flavor tho, not my thing

I'm watching street food cooking video, I'm hungry

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I had a salad made using diesel oil instead of olive oil. Didn't know the difference because I never smelled diesel before. Couldn't get out of the house to go to the store because the snow was too high.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I bought some kind of frozen pork that had the consistency of rubber before cooking in a toaster oven.

However, after cooking, it still had the consistency of rubber and it required a hacksaw to cut it. Luckily, the garbage company for my condo building provided a compost bin where you can dump left over food scraps and it's now providing soil for trees someplace.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I found a near full 10lb bag of pancake mix a tennet left maybe 2-3 years before. It was sealed good and tasted ok, I was poor so it was fine.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Okay I'll bite..pun intended, how did your system react to the salad any diverse effects.
It was a post making fun. The TS seems not to have much life experience, for someone that I think said he was in college, so I combined to of his latest nonsense posts into a fictitious one of my own.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I used to love Wendy's. They had the best burgers in the fast-food universe, decent fries, and you could get a good side salad, baked potato or Frosty, all for cheap. But the last few times I've gone, I've been uniformly disappointed. No good value choices (probably my biggest complaint) but even little things turn me off, like the pickles they use not tasting right. If I'm paying a premium versus McDonald's, I don't expect a subpar pickle.

Baskin-Robbins ice cream lost me the same way. I got a sundae there once and the Maraschino cherry was simply awful. WTF? Any place that would skimp on a pickle or a cherry, or serve margarine instead of butter, and I'm out. I've never returned.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Bad food you've had lately ?

Thinking about this I can't remember the last time I had what I would call bad food. Really, eat in or dine out or carry out I can't recall anything I would say was bad or that I even disliked. My wife is a great cook and both retired she would plan meals and obviously foods we liked. A few years ago she was ill and while better today she is on a walker. She is back in the kitchen but for over a year things fell on me. I like to cook but while she was in rehab I either ate out and frozen stuff became my new best friend. All of it was actually between pretty good and real good. Every now and then a steak on the grill and I developed a fondness for P.F. Chang frozen Chinese and some of the Bertoli frozen stuff which can be doctored up. Thank God for local restaurants too. I may have starved.

Anyway, bad food? Nope.

Ron

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I found a near full 10lb bag of pancake mix a tennet left maybe 2-3 years before. It was sealed good and tasted ok, I was poor so it was fine.
Heck same thing happened to me except the bag was open and had little bugs in it,all the same shape with shiny little shells (thinking it would add some protein)then mixed it with powdered milk and Rusty pipe water. I kid you not, pinch my nose and ate the whole thing. Was very hungry. had no ill effects and to this day I don't know what it tasted like. Thank goodness.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Heck same thing happened to me except the bag was open and had little bugs in it,all the same shape with shiny little shells (thinking it would add some protein)then mixed it with powdered milk and Rusty pipe water. I kid you not, pinch my nose and ate the whole thing. Was very hungry. had no ill effects and to this day I don't know what it tasted like. Thank goodness.
Wasn't 10 lb just a good portion and only a tinge of rust in the water.

402DF855

Joined Feb 9, 2013
A prior job had me travelling to the Orient. After our laboratory equipment was accepted it was customary to have a "banquet". Now, in China the food was always excellent, except at the banquet. For some reason, the really gross stuff was served on these occasions. (Scorpion soup, raw sea cucumber intestines....) On my last visit (to S Korea on this occasion) I found out why. After the banquet we went to a karaoke bar to sing and drink, along with attractive young ladies. This is when I realized, that after these banquets, we foreigners would go back to our hotel and watch TV, but the project managers and sales guys would continue to party, and eventually enjoy the company of the lovely bar staff. All that crap I had to eat was considered aphrodisiac, "good for man". Yuck.