background for Intel Microprocessors, The (8th Edition)-Barry B. Brey-Prentice Hall ?

lse123

Joined Oct 17, 2006
Principles of Electronic Communication Systems - Louis E. Frenzel-McGraw-Hill
Microprocessors: Principles and Applications - Charles M. Gilmore - Glencoe/McGraw-Hill
Intel Microprocessors, The (8th Edition) - Barry B. Brey - Prentice Hall

What prerequisite courses (and textbooks~recommended) have the the above ?? tell me separatelly.

Intel Microprocessors, The (8th Edition) - Barry B. Brey need
"Data Communication " background ?
Please note that the only background I have is Analog, Digital Electronics, currently learning Communications & MicroProcessors.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Maybe nobody is familiar with those books. I've never heard of any of them so I can't help you a bit. Instead of worrying about it why not just get the books and make up your mind for yourself.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I learned microprocessors the hard way, through smoke, swears, and fires.

Seriously, I learned from the large array of old 8 bit computers that used to be available. Of course, when I used them they were new. Basically pick a family you want to learn (I would recommend something in the stamp families, or some other microcontroller) and concentrate on that. Then you can ask more specific questions.

It's either that or pay for a college course somewhere. Not cheap, but not that expensive either, junior colleges are everywhere.

You have to remember we are all volunteers here. If we don't know the answer or aren't comfortable giving one then we don't.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Rather than asking what courses these texts may apply to, why not look at current course offerrings by junior colleges and universities located in your vicinity, and see what they are using for textbooks?

Texts used in courses change frequently, in particular as far as computers go. Microcontrollers continue to evolve. Many of them have far more computing power than the first general-purpose digital computers.

lse123

Joined Oct 17, 2006
I just want to learn the backgrounds to take "Electronic Communication intro" course and a "Microprocessors intro" course ?
What prerequisite courses (and textbooks~recommended) have the the above ?? tell me separatelly.
tell me eg. for first you need "general electronics - analog" & "general electronics - digital" bgd only.