Automatic water filler circuit with touchless water level detection.(initial question "Inverting sensor output voltage")

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Can you post a HD photo of the bottom side of that relay module?
If you're up to the task can you assemble the circuit I posted on a perf board and integrate into the relay module?

Lifeisfun

Joined Feb 17, 2023
View attachment 287773Try this arrangement.
When the tank is full both sensor outputs are low and so is the output from the 555. When the water level drops below the bottom sensor both sensor outputs will be high triggering the 555 output high.
D1 and R1 form a latch function to keep the output on the 555 high as the water level rises and the bottom sensor goes low again.
When the water level rises to the top sensor the low output will reset the 555.
Will try that, thank you.
In this case it will be probably easier to get the IC and build it from scratch then rework the old controller.
In this configuration it should work with my sensors direct?

Lifeisfun

Joined Feb 17, 2023
The sensors must have internal pullup resistors, but the relay should have activated with out the sensors connected. Are you sure the 555 is good?
Don't know if it's good or not, will order couple new.
Postec pic of my nasty wiring above :)
only positive voltage is 3.5V on pin5 and power on 8
0V on the relay

Last edited:

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Re post #38. It should work just as well with a 10K pull up resistor. Did you measure how low the output of the sensor went ?
The sensor may have an internal pull up resistor that did not allow it's output to go low enough to turn off the added transistor.

Les.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Updated schematic if sensor has pullup resistor.
1676676390770.png
Without pullup resistors. Looking at the image in post #2, don't see a pullup resistor.
1676678436631.png

Last edited: