automatic phase selector

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
Hello..pls I need help on a circuit that can work with my automatic phase selector whereby the three phase inputs is determined by the circuit..their. Should be no output from any phase having a line voltage above 243v and below 183v..something more llike a comparator..thanks

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Let me see if I have this right. You have 3 phase power. You want to monitor the voltage of each phase........and select the one that is between 183 V and 243 V and connect to your output?

Wow.....is your 3 phase power from an alternator?

It's not 3 phase line power is it?

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
Let me see if I have this right. You have 3 phase power. You want to monitor the voltage of each phase........and select the one that is between 183 V and 243 V and connect to your output?

Wow.....is your 3 phase power from an alternator?

It's not 3 phase line power is it?
Uyeah but. Its. 3phase line power

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I can't tell from that. I can't understand your inputs or outputs. Let's see if someone else can help you.

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
I can't tell from that. I can't understand your inputs or outputs. Let's see if someone else can help you.
I dont know if youve seen an automatic phase selector..well,thiss is my design..so I thought of making it more supplementary by adding an extra feature..which automatically doesnt originate an output to my relay circuitry if the voltage coming in is less than 183v and. Greaater than 243v so it doesnt damage my equipments..

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It could be as something simple such as a bridge with couple of zeners each with a resistor from N (star) to each phase, one set of under voltage one for over.
You would need a contactor set up for turning off each phase if a over/under voltage exists.
Max.

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
It could be as something simple such as a bridge with couple of zeners each with a resistor from N (star) to each phase, one set of under voltage one for over.
You would need a contactor set up for turning off each phase if a over/under voltage exists.
Max.
Could u pls aid me with a diagram for better understanding

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Something along these lines for a regulator I built some time ago.
A more simplified version could be used.
The zeners can be selected for the voltage you want to check for and if necessary two in series can be used.
A small bridge rectifier from N and each phase would feed the zener's.
You could use a small 12vdc supply instead of the dropper shown.
For detection you could use any kind of comparitor or switch a contactor direct. I used a LM311.
Use a high and low detector for each phase fed from the neutral and each phase.
Max.

upload_2017-3-6_9-49-29.png