Auto-selecting 12V/24V 10A/5A charger doesn't

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
It's a YX1224-2.

I left it powered on but not loaded for a few hours this morning, and now it won't select the higher voltage to charge my gopher. Much oriental text on it, which I can't read. Does have switch to select hard charge instead of smart charge. It was covered over with a label. It does have s/c protection, but I've no idea what has happened. I have only changed the i/p plug and o/p wires to suit my purpose, and it was working correctly before I unplugged it. It was loose in the GPO, that may have upset it. There are 2 opto couplers on the board, and I think it uses a Viper20A-22 chip or similar. It uses a dual schottky diode output. Any hep at all gratefully recieved. PSU's are not my strong point. The unit appears to have a 12V o/p. examination of malaysiam websites reveal a slightly different model with the same name and appearance rom 2015. Mine states 24V is only 5A, and appears to have compliances from UK from 2005 and 2008 It has 2x 2 and 1x 3 wire internal connections between mobo and lid components, plus 4 red wires to the LEDs. I think the 2 wire connectors are correct-they are the same, even the wire colours, but very different functions. charging LED and switch.

Last edited: