auto power control circuit

Frank@Frank

Joined Jul 24, 2021
Hi dear engineers!
I am trying to build a photoelectric sensor.
using LED or a laser led with a MPD inside, driving it with pulse.
how do use build the auto power control circuit?
is there any reference?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Why yes there is. Here you go buddy.
Use only as reference please. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.:)
Provided to you by your local electronic technician I hope that's okay.

Attachments

Frank@Frank

Joined Jul 24, 2021
Why yes there is. Here you go buddy.
Use only as reference please. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.:)
Provided to you by your local electronic technician I hope that's okay.
Hi delta.
Is there any chance use a op-amp and some feedback circuits to do it for cost-down?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hi delta.
Is there any chance use a op-amp and some feedback circuits to do it for cost-down?
Now we're getting somewhere. But you have to be nice. You're rather harsh on fellow members here on AAC! My superiors quite frankly.
They have hearts made of gold, me not so much. I have to step out but when I return I believe I can hook you up. :)

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hi delta.
no, just a sensor for detecting there is a workpiece or not
Is it possible you can post a photo of your sensor that you wish to use for detecting or a link where you purchased it.
We will start from there.
with a MPD inside
I must admit when you said that, it threw me off. (I was hoping for LIDAR).
I do not know what your (skill set is) so please be patient, I'll be able to pick up on it, as we go along. :)

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hi delta.
no, just a sensor for detecting there is a workpiece or not
Sometime back I played around with some of these LASER sensors and as to cost they work well for an inexpensive solution running on a simple 5.0 VDC. As to a LASER source I used some of these common 5.0 volt LASERs. Naturally they will not work well in bright daylight but for detecting objects in the light path, as a object on a conveyor they work fine. I would place a 10 Ohm to 47 Ohm resistor in series with the LASER emitter side. This stuff id available from a dozen or more retailers, I used Amazon merely as an example. Simple modular units. Now if you want heavy duty industrial application then things get a little more robust and costly but for a simple proof of concept these will do fine.

Ron