Auto phone dial

johnal2

Joined Aug 11, 2014
Does anyone has a simple auto dial phone circuit? I want to built a garage lock. If the door were open then this circuit would call me through a prepay cell phone that i put it with this circuit.
Thanks

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
If the prepay phone is dedicated to this alarm, you might not need and auto dialer. Does this alarm need to be hidden? And is there a ac pwr source close by? And also, what type of garage door is it?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Does anyone has a simple auto dial phone circuit? I want to built a garage lock. If the door were open then this circuit would call me through a prepay cell phone that i put it with this circuit.
Thanks
You could easily end up with a lot of pcb real estate getting this done - AFAICR Motorola do an "industrial" style cell phone module (I've seen them in crims ankle-bracelet base stations) - maybe the easiest approach is a cheap mobile on PAYG tariff, hack into the buttons contacts and hook it up to a basic glue logic sequencer to "press" the right sequence of buttons - wait a preset period and hang up.

That phone's number will be recorded in your pocket phone's log even if you don't pick up - all you need to know is that, that number called you.

MagicMatt

Joined Sep 30, 2013
The cheapest solution I found to a similar problem to this was ironically not to use a phone at all, but to use a Raspberry Pi! Detecting the "Normally Closed" circuit being broken caused it to simply fire a text message via the Internet connection (free Internet to SMS gateway) - it now also takes a picture with the webcam every 10 seconds and uploads it so I can view that on the phone too via a browser, but that's taking it to another level.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
You don't need to dial a cell phone if it is connecting to the same number. Just hit redial button.
Good point - but none of my cell phones seem to have a redial button - you have to go into the menu and select a number from either contacts or log.

OTOH - even the most basic pushbutton landline phones usually have a redial memory, and the buttons are a *LOT* easier to hack into.

Saves the mucking about with PAYG vouchers and the possibility of it running out unbeknown, also some networks withhold CLID by default, so that "no number" call in your log could be an alarm event - or just another PITA telemarketer.

johnal2

Joined Aug 11, 2014
Thanks to all of you. however, non of your answer is what I am looking for. I am really looking for an automatic redial when I am not at home and some one enter to my garage. Thank
Kyle