auto bug spray needs new timer

Dumb-ton

Joined Oct 16, 2022
i need ~20s timer with 0.5sec o/p to run from a BL-5C lipo battery. the can regulates the spray dose. the motor drain is <<200mA. normally driven by 2x AA for >20days. >3.7v burned out oem timer. need parts list.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
i need ~20s timer with 0.5sec o/p to run from a BL-5C lipo battery. the can regulates the spray dose. the motor drain is <<200mA. normally driven by 2x AA for >20days. >3.7v burned out oem timer. need parts list.
I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. Without any circuit information, all I can say for replacement is...

Parts List
=========
1 OEM Timer.
2 AA Batteries.

Dumb-ton

Joined Oct 16, 2022
oem timer not spare part. device not cheap. need new timer to work on battery. parts list pls, i presume a 555 timer is compatible?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
No clue who manufactured what you have? Similar is my wife put a Glade Aerosol automatic air freshener in the downstairs bathroom. It offers 15, 30 and I think 45 min intervals and does two sprays each cycle. Runs on two AA batteries which last about a month and flashes a LED when the cartridges are empty. The things run about $6.00 on Amazon according to wife. You could likely just hack one of these things. That or roll your own which would likely cost more. You could go with discrete components or just use a small micro-controller depending on your skill level. My guess is on the linked unit the two pulses are about .5 sec duration in rapid succession. The 555 timers are not good for long delay periods.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
To be clear is this timer to activate the motor for .5 sec every 20 seconds? If so a TLC555 would be fine if not a micro.
Uh Oh, my bad as I read into it 20 min not the actual 20 sec posted. Yes, a 555 would do just fine. Thinking about it somewhere I have an old 555 on a board which was originally used as a wiper delay (automotive). A Google of 555 Timer Switch will bring up plenty of already fabricated boards on Amazon and similar.

Ron

Last edited:

Dumb-ton

Joined Oct 16, 2022
sorry, it was 20min. or even more. adapting preferred to building. no amazon account, don't want more logins to control. thx

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
OK, so 20 min? The stuff I mentioned is not necessarily Amazon, it's available from many distributors. I only linked to Amazon as an example.

Ron