Audio player for stuffed animal

shannonann88

Joined Feb 21, 2021
Hello,

I am looking for detailed help (I'm brand new at this) to accomplish adding an audio player to a stuffed animal. I want it to be activated/deactivated by a button in the paw. I want a long continuous play time of one audio file-about 20 minutes. I want it to either be easy for a consumer to open the back of the bear and change the batteries to this as needed or for it to be rechargeable. The sound doesn't need to be fantastic or super loud-it will play reading, not music. I also need the setup to be cost-effective, we need some profit margins here. Thanks in advance for your help!

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Keep the audio player and stuffed animal separate from each other.
Oh, you will make many for profit? Would anybody buy an expensive stuffed animal that plays some kind of readings?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
The simplest way is using a voice recorder IC but 200 seconds is about tops.
I think you would need to store that long of an audio file on a micro SD card and that's going to require a microprocessor and software for playback. It can be done but not sure if it's economical.
There's more info on the web.
Search: Arduino Wave Audio Player with SD Card.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The simplest way is using a voice recorder IC but 200 seconds is about tops.
I think you would need to store that long of an audio file on a micro SD card and that's going to require a microprocessor and software for playback. It can be done but not sure if it's economical.
There's more info on the web.
Search: Arduino Wave Audio Player with SD Card.
One advantage to this solution, is the story could be changed by the consumer by changing the SD card. That feature may justify the increased price.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
This is a mini version of the card suggested. It doesn’t have an SD card but also doesn’t require a separate microprocessor. It’s from Adafruit and is the Audio Mini FX Sound Board.

It has 16MB of onboard flash which can hold ~30 minutes of audio. Adafruit lists it at $14.95. You’ll need an amplifier or buy the version of the board with a built-in amplifier here. That version is a little more expensive, listing for $29.95