Audio level on YouTube and others...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hi.
Do you find the audio level in the majority of web based videos being annoyingly low ? Or do you have a trick to boost levels ?
Am at full gain on both PC and stream indicators and perhaps 1 of 10 videos is decently loud enough. Is it a goof from uploaders not checking post-'productions', or something else ?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Laptop? No, I use a desktop tower with external speakers and motherboard has builtin "sound-card". I do occasionally use blue-tooth headphones to appease the wife since the computer in our bedroom.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Thankfully not in need of any hearing aids at all ...yet. Yes they are bare laptops with no audio vitamins.
Any other members noticing the low level or it is only me ? What are your volume settings ?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Levels are fine for me. Desktop w/external speakers using mobo sound.
Does your PC have a sound mixer widget that might have the level in that stream turned down?

Mixer.png

Last edited:

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
Hi.
Do you find the audio level in the majority of web based videos being annoyingly low ? Or do you have a trick to boost levels ?
Am at full gain on both PC and stream indicators and perhaps 1 of 10 videos is decently loud enough. Is it a goof from uploaders not checking post-'productions', or something else ?
I totally agree ... you would think Youtube could adjust it all to keep sound within the correct range , it aint rocket science ...

Or the laptop could do the same on playing videos !

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Thankfully not in need of any hearing aids at all ...yet. Yes they are bare laptops with no audio vitamins.
Any other members noticing the low level or it is only me ? What are your volume settings ?
It's not just you, but it maybe only laptops which have severe restrictions on speaker size.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
IF you are using Win10 right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and explore its options. There are some sound "modifications' available there.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
IF you are using Win10 right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and explore its options. There are some sound "modifications' available there.
But none that increase the volume.
Should I get some bluetooth speakers - is that a thing?

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Volume on my laptop sucks too... But sometimes it's the video itself, I use Close Caption a lot and on some videos that won't even pick up..