Audio Capacitor-resistor delay

stellarpower

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Hi, can anyone tell me how to make a delay circuit using capacitors and resistors? I know that a lot of people have asked about this before, but I'm a bit confusabubled. The circuit is for an analogue audio equalizer thing.

Thanks.

stellarpower

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The EQ us supposed to work by splitting the input, and delaying one side by a few milliseconds, and then joining it up with the original, where the waves cancel each other in certain ways, and attenuating different frequencies in different ways.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Could any of you guys explain how your suggestions work, as I'm a bit of a beginner at electronics. Thanks a lot!
A bucket brigade is a LONG string of capacitors, with a sample-and-hold circuit (generally an FET) between each one. With a clock signal, you transfer the charge from each capacitor to the next one in line. You then have to INTEGRATE (use a low pass filter) at the end to average all the charges together, and get an analog signal back out.

The SAD512 uses 512 stages of capacitors and sample-hold devices. I don't THINK you want to build this out of discrete devices...but you could!

Eric

stellarpower

Joined Feb 19, 2009
A bucket brigade is a LONG string of capacitors, with a sample-and-hold circuit (generally an FET) between each one. With a clock signal, you transfer the charge from each capacitor to the next one in line. You then have to INTEGRATE (use a low pass filter) at the end to average all the charges together, and get an analog signal back out.

The SAD512 uses 512 stages of capacitors and sample-hold devices. I don't THINK you want to build this out of discrete devices...but you could!

Eric
Do you know where I can get a BB without paying a load? They seem to be pretty much obsolete now.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Sad to say, it looks like the remaining devices are in the clutches of warehouse operators. They have literally zillions of obsolete IC's, but usually only on bids of $500 and up. You can probably find Intel 4004's at some of them.