Audio amplifier vs Amplifier

Avijit Palit

Joined Jul 19, 2017
What is the difference between audio amplier vs normal amplifier?
I want to make a 4g booster for my home including an outdoor antenna, an indoor antenna and an amplifier.
But should I use simple audio amplifier or high watt amplifier.
Sorry for stupid english.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What is the difference between audio amplier vs normal amplifier?
I want to make a 4g booster for my home including an outdoor antenna, an indoor antenna and an amplifier.
But should I use simple audio amplifier or high watt amplifier.
Sorry for stupid english.
Audio amplifier is designed to operate in the audio frequency range, 0-20kHz.
For 4g you need an RF amplifier.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I want to make a 4g booster that need an amplifier.
And Is it possible to make an amplifire using 3 or 4 transistor?
The short answer is no.

A 4G amplifier is not a DIY project and would be a major challenge for even a professional engineering team.

Someone may now come along and prove me wrong but I’m not holding my breath.

Avijit Palit

Joined Jul 19, 2017
The short answer is no.

A 4G amplifier is not a DIY project and would be a major challenge for even a professional engineering team.

Someone may now come along and prove me wrong but I’m not holding my breath.
So it not possible to boost 4g signal using audio amplifier. And I am looking for simple RF booster circuit.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
So it not possible to boost 4g signal using audio amplifier.
Correct, it's not even close. Even a high-end audio amplifier will be designed for frequencies below 50-100kHz. A cheap amplifier may not even reach 20kHz.

4G is not a single frequency, but any frequency carrying 4G is far, far higher than audio frequencies. For instance my T-Mobile 4G here in the U.S. is 1.9GHz, I think. The booster you want would need to match the frequency of 4G provided by your carrier at your location.

And I am looking for simple RF booster circuit.
That may be like saying you want a simple way to get to Mars. No such thing.

Avijit Palit

Joined Jul 19, 2017
Correct, it's not even close. Even a high-end audio amplifier will be designed for frequencies below 50-100kHz. A cheap amplifier may not even reach 20kHz.

4G is not a single frequency, but any frequency carrying 4G is far, far higher than audio frequencies. For instance my T-Mobile 4G here in the U.S. is 1.9GHz, I think. The booster you want would need to match the frequency of 4G provided by your carrier at your location.

That may be like saying you want a simple way to get to Mars. No such thing.
Then how this things works without amplifier
==>Link==> http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-2G3G4G-Wireless-Cell-Phone-Signal-Booster/

Attachments