atmega32+ENC28J60 freezing problem

ecworks

Joined May 3, 2016
Hello friends...
i am doing a project with atmega32 and Ethernet module ENC28J60 http://www.amazon.in/ENC28J60-Netwo...62252345&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=ENC28J60+14/23
On starting it works fine .when i checked it show

but after some time connection will lost and it shows

when i reset the micro controller it start to work again.so i thought the program may freeze in the micro controller, but on freeze time i checked the micro controller with UART communication , it work fine. only problem with etherner communication...i don't know why fix the problem when i reset my micro controller .. please give me some suggestions and help... if my explanation is not clear then ask your doubts please... i hope your valuable suggestions as early as possible.. thank you....

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Assuming atmega32 is working fine. I would guess that ethernet module overheats. Does ethernet module get really hot?

ecworks

Joined May 3, 2016
thanks for your reply sir....
yes its really hot .. but why it fixed the problem after i reset micro controller.. what change happen in Ethernet module when i reset micro controller?

ecworks

Joined May 3, 2016
Assuming atmega32 is working fine. I would guess that ethernet module overheats. Does ethernet module get really hot?
yes its really hot .. but why it fixed the problem after i reset micro controller.. what change happen in Ethernet module when i reset micro controller?

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Good question.

In your code, do you have a set of commands to initialize the ethernet module?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I've had the same problem with those cheap enc ethernet modules..
Never could figure out the cause.. Could be overheating I guess..
Try a fan blowing on it and see if that stops the lost connection.
Can you ping the 192.168.10.218 device with another computer when the enc28j60 cannot?

I just gave up and changed to an ESP8266 wifi micro and thats working just fine.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Yeah, on that sec photo....it says you're pinging one address, but the scroll shows another.

What's that all about?

I know nothing of this.

ecworks

Joined May 3, 2016
Yeah, on that sec photo....it says you're pinging one address, but the scroll shows another.

What's that all about?

I know nothing of this.
hello sir, thanks for your reply...
here 192.168.10.218 is the ip address of the avr micro controller and 192.168.10.165 is the ip address of the server