ASUS laptop not fully charging

Adam Monarch

Joined Mar 17, 2019
I have an Asus laptop computer that does not have a removable battery.
The battery is not fully charging and will only charge to 62%.

I was wondering if anyone can help me remedy this problem so I can charge the battery to 100%.
This Asus computer is not even a year old and I do have an extended warranty on Amazon.com where
purchased the computer. It also has a solid state drive.

Please let me know if anyone needs some more background information about this laptop
which I am trying to fix.

Thanks

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
In my Asus, one day I was not so busy and I explored some settings; the ones you usually do not know.

As a result, my computer (laptop) charges until 68%.

Seems to be the most reccommened setting by them. Could be related to your situation?

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Try unhooking the power supply and turning off battery saver features, letting it competently drain and die out on its own, then start charging again. This happened to my lenova a few times. The battery was actually fully charged and would stay on the entire time it was suppose to but the indicator was messed up and would claim it maxed out at 34%. It ended up staying on for a very long time with the indicator at 0%. After this process it goes back to 100% like normal.

Adam Monarch

Joined Mar 17, 2019
Found the place in my laptop: Assus battery health charging. It gives you three option. I now know i messed up there.
The asus battery health charging in the "type here to search" gave me the option to set the battery to 100% charge. I have selected this option and it seems to be charging the battery to 100%.

Thanks

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
They say that charging to stay in the 68% is a good compromise between (I forgot) and extended life of the battery.

Good you found a solution.