Are you reluctant to answer questions? Don't be.

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
There have been a small number of times where I responded to a post that didn't have any responses up to that point and it seemed to spark some interest. Usually it was more trying to find out more information than an answer. I did wonder a few times if it was because there was a lot of activity that day and it moved down the list too far before people noticed it, people were just checking to see what was happening and had a thought or two to add, or my response somehow triggered a thought they didn't have the first time around.

I try to limit my responses to things I actually know something about, but there have been a few times I put my foot in my mouth so to speak. Shoe leather isn't the best flavor to savor... especially after someone throws a turd for you to step in.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
There have been a small number of times where I responded to a post that didn't have any responses up to that point and it seemed to spark some interest.
One of the aims for first responder!!

Another issue... Responding to what seems a complete waste of time.. These are usually absolute newbies that post on tons of sites ( usually copied and pasted text) and once they have the answer they don't bother tidying up..

Luckily these are few and far between... But these grate on me..