Are you buying a holiday gift for yourself?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Seems to me you have an old guitar, I just can't remember.

kv

Edit: Or maybe your just a gun person.
Gun person with an interest in old guitars and tube amps. My brother is the musician, me it's a fine gun. Bought my wife a nice Christmas gift today as a sort of grease the way. :)

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Gun person with an interest in old guitars and tube amps. My brother is the musician, me it's a fine gun. Bought my wife a nice Christmas gift today as a sort of grease the way. :)

Ron
The Beatles came to America in the British invasion, Feb, 1964. The Teisco Model Number begins with EP states it was Manufactured from 57 - 64 I think with it's shape and type who ever purchased it was possibly influenced by the Beatles. It's funny to think that it could be as old as I am. 60 years old this year.

I played it last night through my little practice Amp, I can choose different types of Amps, Rock, Typical Stack, Grunge, Acoustic. As a little starter Guitar it did well, my next project is to convert an Acoustic guitar with a bad bridge into a Dobro, you can get the kits and install them yourself. A good Dobro can cost upward of $700 + for a cheap one. I paid $40 for the Guitar. :)

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
60 years old this year.
:) So my granddaughter a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4 years ago when she was maybe 9 or 10 came home from school one day and asked her mother "Mom, did you ever hear of a band called the Beatles"? My daughter suggested she talk to her grandfather. I will be 68 come February and was 14 when the Beatles did the Ed Sullivan show performance.

If you or anyone here ever plans to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame here in Cleveland, Ohio let me know. We also have the Hard Rock Rocksino so no shortage of guitars and rock memorabilia around here. :)

Ron

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
:) So my granddaughter a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4 years ago when she was maybe 9 or 10 came home from school one day and asked her mother "Mom, did you ever hear of a band called the Beatles"? My daughter suggested she talk to her grandfather. I will be 68 come February and was 14 when the Beatles did the Ed Sullivan show performance.

If you or anyone here ever plans to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame here in Cleveland, Ohio let me know. We also have the Hard Rock Rocksino so no shortage of guitars and rock memorabilia around here. :)

Ron

My brother came home one day and told my mother the little girl at school wrote all of the boys a love note. He want to know what F - U - (mom freaks out about this point) spelled. ;)

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
My 20-year old son never heard of Otis Redding. So last Sunday, on the 50th anniversary of his tragic plane crash, we sat down and played together "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay".
What does he play? As I remember your a guitar man, do you play any other instruments?

kv

Edit: Music is one of my Hobbies like Electronics I'm not really good at any of them. LOL

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
My 20-year old son never heard of Otis Redding. So last Sunday, on the 50th anniversary of his tragic plane crash, we sat down and played together "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay".
That was a classic.
Something really interesting was growing up during the 60s with not just the music but the influence of Vietnam on the music. Been gone a few years now but there was a guy who went by Chu DaNang (a former U.S. Marine) who had a website with hundreds of great tunes of the Vietnam War Era. During evenings as I worked at my computer I would listen to his site. Unfortunately several years ago the website went away but it was a fantastic collection of some great music.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I play guitar, bass, and piano. My son plays guitar, sax, and piano.
I play Acoustic, I learned to Travis Pick a few years back although there are many ways to pick a guitar, I have a lot of respect for those who can do it properly. I would enjoy learning piano and might pickup a small keyboard someday when I get a little more time.

Here is a guy teaching how to Travis Pick and a bit of history as well.

kv

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I had to buy myself an unplanned gift yesterday... my amazon kindle e-reader's screen (3d generation) cracked... and being the read-aholic that I am, I simply had to buy myself a replacement asap... a kindle paper-white with lit e-ink screen.

I've also bought a replacement screen on eBay for $30.00 dlls... thinking about gifting the repaired kindle to my brother who is a history buff...

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I've had mine since late October and am pleased with it. It has a few quirks and bugs, mostly in the user interface, but nothing that's going to drive me nuts. Overall, I like it.

View attachment 142259

So what are the quirks you hate?

You mentioned a "zombie dialog box" in the other thread. How does that appear and how do you make it go away? Anything else?

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
So what are the quirks you hate?

You mentioned a "zombie dialog box" in the other thread. How does that appear and how do you make it go away? Anything else?
I don't "hate" anything about it. As annoyances go, these are truly minor.

I don't recall the exact circumstances of the "zombie dialog box." IIRC I hit the Auto Setup button and it went away. Sometimes the trigger level marker disappears.