Are these elements failed(i attach photos) and other questions about that board

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
20180814_174647.jpg 20180814_174702.jpg 20180814_174809.jpg 20180814_174816.jpg
The one that i colored on the picture has model tpca 8062-h
The other one which is blacked i cannot identify.

The questions are how to test these elements and is there a thought that when i replace the both of them the board will goes fine.

The board is nbg6j11003634000396600 and has a QR code too.

Thanks in advance

// the problem - when i plug a power adapter (the same voltage but smaller power) the LED of power adapter blinks and goes away blink and goes away
Original charger does not have a LED, which is kinda weird.

and in the real world - the laptop is not working

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The questions are how to test these elements and is there a thought that when i replace the both of them the board will goes fine.
If the devices are integrated circuits there is no way that you can test them comprehensively in circuit with a simple meter. What makes you think those particular devices have failed?
when i plug a power adapter (the same voltage but smaller power) the LED of power adapter blinks and goes away blink and goes away
If the board has a problem and is drawing excess current the power adapter is probably going into self-protect mode and intermittently turning off.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
What makes you think those particular devices have failed?
Тhe one i can see its label is half normal half burnt/or lot heated/
the other one lable is not visible and i think this is because it`s burnt.

i think these elements are very important about the board and maybe saw only that wrong with simple eyes

Last edited:

steveT1968

Joined Aug 18, 2018
i think these elements are very important
Not half! They don't seem expensive, so an option is to buy a pair and replace them. First though I'd measure the resistance on each pin on the old ones and new ones, taking notes of values, especially if you find inconsistencies. I had a similar problem on a board and it was a MOSFET blown.

There is always the possibility that these burning out are the symptom of a fault, and not the cause. Take all the readings you can, and if you have the schematic, check that too before powering up, then take voltage readings if it seems fine and powers up.

They are Toshiba TPCA8065-H MOSFET. Mouser have the data sheet, others may too.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
If the devices are integrated circuits there is no way that you can test them comprehensively in circuit with a simple meter
I have osciloscope. If something 'intereresting' can happen.

steveT1968 do you think that the second one is that model too? :)

steveT1968

Joined Aug 18, 2018
There is markings on the second one. I can't make them out though. It is different.

If you don't have access to a Mantis or good magnifier, try a tiny amount of thin white paint applied and immediately wiped off in one movement. That often fills the etched markings and makes them clearer against the wiped surface. Just using a finger to rub it may highlight the text enough too.

Best option though is a schematic or another board to look at.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
Actually the both elements that are failed(most probably) are to TPCA 8065-h and visually are the same. What makes you think that they are different ?