arduino build final product from this question

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017

this is a short video clip , this man creates a very basic led light blinking , now once your happy with it how do u move on making the real thing or maybe shift all them to another breadboard without arduino connected.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010

this is a short video clip , this man creates a very basic led light blinking , now once your happy with it how do u move on making the real thing or maybe shift all them to another breadboard without arduino connected.
You do the pcb design yourself using Altium or Kicad or Fritzing, or you hire someone to do it for you.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The Arduino board used was an Arduino Uno but the ball game chip is the Atmel Atmega 328P-PU. While the chip is very common when using an Arduino board the chip has already been programmed using an Arduino Boot Loader so if you were to buy an Arduino Uno board you could remove the chip after loading your sketch (program) and place the chip in your own applications board. Just remember that you want a chip with the Arduino Boot Loader already installed on the chip. A Google of atmega328p-pu with arduino uno bootloader will give you some ideas and options.

Ron

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
just like in this video i will just turn the thing on and adrino will show it flashing , so now if i want to export the parts to a plain pcb board do i simple take that ic off the arduino board and what about the wiring ,how do i connect them , are these wires making connections to the ic legs directly

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
See for yourself: the Arduino web site gives a complete schematic diagram for the Uno Rev 3. Take that as a starting point.
To add to above.
Remember! Arduino Uno schematic has a lot more parts than what you will need.

You will need ATmega328 chip, oscillator circuit (3 parts), voltage regulator circuit (4 or 5 parts), maybe reset circuit (that is usually 2 parts). I think the rest will be your led circuit (leds and their resistors).

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
You would design a circuit board that had all the necessary components and would make all the necessary connections via the traces on the circuit board..
That would typically start with a schematic that would then get transferred to the PCB layout..

Here is how to make a basic arduino device (in breadboard form).. This basically shows the minimum components needed...
https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/standalone

and more.. (getting the program onto the atmega chip)
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
ok thanks for all your replies just so that i understand may i stick to simple answers.

just what you se in this video till the end after he places all the led's on bredboard how does he place the wires in bredboard ?

1: do i take the ic out of the arduino board and place it in plain bredboard.
2: do then wire the wire's up to the ic legs 11,12,13 pin?

is that how it is

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
ok thanks for all your replies just so that i understand may i stick to simple answers.

just what you se in this video till the end after he places all the led's on bredboard how does he place the wires in bredboard ?

is that how it is
Before I get to 1 and 2.

The Uno in the video uses ATmega328 in DIP package. DIP is the important part. When you see ic in DIP package, then yes, you can plug it into breadboard.

Now, to 1 and 2.

1. Get Uno with ATmega 328 in DIP package. Program it. Pull ic out of the Uno board. Plug ic into breadboard. You will need oscillator circuit. You will need voltage regulator circuit.

2. I don't know off hand that ic pins correspond to the Uno numbering scheme. See Arduino schematic mentioned earlier to see which ic pin correspond to markings on pcb.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009

ok.. simple it is..

1: Yes
2: Yes

and I think you asked how he places the wires in the breadboard.. Well.. He just pushes them into a hole and a clip inside that hole "grabs" the wires and holds it..

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Whats important to understand is that the "IC" as you call it cannot just be used by itself..
It requires external components/circuitry for voltage regulation and timing/clock/oscillation (crystal).. as shown in the link I provided above..
https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/standalone
If you program the chip already then the USB to Serial stuff is not needed..

Just read/understand the links posted.. Its clearly spelled out in there..

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Generally, you don't move the parts to a new circuit board, you just incorporate the Arduino circuit board in your new assembly.

If you are set up to program AVR controllers with, for example an ET-AVR-ISP-MK2 clone, you should be able to program the hex file into an ATMEGA328 and use the ATMEGA328 along with the 16 Mhz crystal (see the schematic in the link OBW0549 provided in post #5) on the new board.

To use the AVRISP MKII clone you will need to run AVRStudio 4.18 under Windows.

There are probably other methods but this is the only one that comes to mind that does not involve extra hardware be put on the board to communicate with the Arduio development system. In essence the AVRISP replaces the USB controller (U3) on the Arduino board but it is a separate assembly that is disconnected after programming and verification.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Generally, you don't move the parts to a new circuit board, you just incorporate the Arduino circuit board in your new assembly.

If you are set up to program AVR controllers with, for example an ET-AVR-ISP-MK2 clone, you should be able to program the hex file into an ATMEGA328 and use the ATMEGA328 along with the 16 Mhz crystal (see the schematic in the link OBW0549 provided in post #5) on the new board.

To use the AVRISP MKII clone you will need to run AVRStudio 4.18 under Windows.

There are probably other methods but this is the only one that comes to mind that does not involve extra hardware be put on the board to communicate with the Arduio development system. In essence the AVRISP replaces the USB controller (U3) on the Arduino board but it is a separate assembly that is disconnected after programming and verification.
Uno has a lot of parts that a final project may not need. Uno also relatively large, particularly for drone applications where every gram of mass counts.

A good way to do a project is to use Uno to program new ATmega328 chips. This way user builds the prototype using Uno, then builds final circuit using just the parts they need for their final circuit. No need to invest into additional hardware like programmers, no need to get and learn additional software. One piece of hardware (Uno board) and one piece of software (Arduino IDE) provide all the functionality user needs.