April's Fools Day

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
By the way Loosewire. I now and then e-mail. With the site owners. And they are worried about that off-topic section. Draw to much attention from the technical part of the forum. So they plan to introduce new rules. In order to post off-topic section. You will have to make at least two postings in any non off-topic forum. Due to technical problems they have to use the current number of posts. So as an example say you have 1509 postings. But if the major of these postings are in the off-topic section. You will have to make around 3000 postings in any non off-topic section. Before you are allowed to make any off-topic posting.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ T06, ample question, what class is a valve,american number- 5u4-

1-osc 2-modulator 3- rf amp 4- none of the above..."Go Fish"

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
By the way Loosewire. I now and then e-mail. With the site owners. And they are worried about that off-topic section. Draw to much attention from the technical part of the forum. So they plan to introduce new rules. In order to post off-topic section. You will have to make at least two postings in any non off-topic forum. Due to technical problems they have to use the current number of posts. So as an example say you have 1509 postings. But if the major of these postings are in the off-topic section. You will have to make around 3000 postings in any non off-topic section. Before you are allowed to make any off-topic posting.
You weren't supposed to tell anyone yet. Announcements will follow.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@ T06, ample question, what class is a valve,american number- 5u4-

1-osc 2-modulator 3- rf amp 4- none of the above
5u4 let me see. If I remember correct that was rectifier tube. From the 1950’s. I have never used the 5u4 my self. As it was before my time. But I have used the 5U4GB. Which is a vastly improved 5U4 design. And also much more compact. Are you into valves and tubes Loosewire?

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@T06 ,So we have the same valve manual,what good are they now.

Is agc still viable,name an agc valve.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ To6,if you don,t have an answer,it must be a April fools day thing.

Don't touch the Loosewire,wm

Packing my bags and heading for General Electronic's Chat.

The world is waiting.

Last edited: