apple power mac G3

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
i was recently given an old apple power mac G3 i have no keyboard for it though. the keyboard conectror on it looks like an s vidio socket. from the little research i did it looks lik that is called an ADB port. i looked it up on pinouts.ru and compared it to the standard ps2. the adb port description seems odd because there is only 1 data line. i thought maybey i could somhow hack an old ps 2 keyboard to it. however somthing elese sounded like this required firmware and some sort of IC. i would just like to know wether the ps2 conversion seems posible without it.
also it has a odd 15 pin vidio interface any ideas on the pinout of it. it is suposedly similar to vga. do you think if i could convert it to vga it would run on a vga monitor? i can always use the rca ports on the wings personality card but i have no idea if that card even works.

because of these isues i may see if i can pull the pci nic in it and bind an ip to it using a PC. then see if i can telnet or somthing similar to it. i beleve i have heard this is possible to do on a nic but not sure if it will erace iff pulled because of no power to meory. but not for sure please corect me if im wrong. also wondering about telnet if that is even possible if not what would i use?

for any help i only have a little experance in using and workingwith apples. any advice apreciated. thanks

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
my goal i would like to acomplish with this system is set it up possibly with win 98-2000 and try to tun it into a N64 because the one i have one of the games starts acting odd somtimes almost imiditly the console and cartridge have both been replaced wit no luck. i was thinking since i have heared of people doingsimilar things on computers this may help get rid of the problem. and since i own 2 of the crtridges and the company went under in like 1999 that this would be ok.