Anyone have Fundamentals of Power Supply Design?

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I was just wondering if anyone had the Ti Book Fundamentals of Power Supply Design? I was wondering if it was worth buying? I am not saying I have paid more then 50 bucks for a book. Just not one like this so i wanted to find out if it was worth it?

Thank you
James

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
On Semiconductor have a free down load called "Switch mode power supply reference manual " Which is very informative, it explains the basics of linear and switch mode psu's

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Yes I have downloaded that one and a few others that are around. One of the reasons I was asking about the Ti is it seems larger then any that I have read so far. With over 300 pages. 50+ USD seems little high for something that others may have already out for free.

I am sure it will be somewhat different seeing they all mostly provide info about chips they sell. I may break down and buy it. Just isn't on the top of my todo list at this time.

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hi,
If you google the smps power supply will show a lot of selection of sites offering software design etc....
Dont steak to TI, almost so many others can offer too.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Have you checked Ebay, one of the many used book sellers or Amazon for a used one? I get used books all the time through them at a much lower cost, who cares if someone else read it first?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone had the Ti Book Fundamentals of Power Supply Design? I was wondering if it was worth buying? I am not saying I have paid more then 50 bucks for a book. Just not one like this so i wanted to find out if it was worth it?

Thank you
James
It might be on archive.org - I had to de clutter a few years ago and that was one of the books that went in the skip - almost all were replaced by PDFs, and my collection more than doubled while I was at it.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Thank you again. I have the ON one already, and most of the others that were on web in PDF... The Ti one is new this year, So I thought maybe it had some new tricks and idea that are updated to todays standards. I doubt with how new the book is that anyone would carry it under the price that it is being offered by Ti. Todays tech is like computers of the past. When you start or even finish building one there is something out there better that makes the one you built as if it came from the stone ages....

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Thank you, OK there are 2 that I didnt have. I did loads of searching and I guess I just didn't look well enough. Most items that I could find was things I already had. Thank you again. That will keep me busy on my slow days...