Anyone experienced with resistive EC sensor design

Axel_sr

Joined Feb 28, 2022
Hello,

Does someone has experience with 2 electrons electrode resistive EC sensor designing? I am trying to get rid of unwanted deviation between rules. I thought this is mission impossible, but there are commercial sensors that have some kind of passive circuitry for compensation.

1701197270358.png

A

Last edited:

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE:<<2 electrons resistive EC sensor>> If the most sensitive nowadays current sensor stops at 3 fA what are equivalent to 60 electrons per each God given second, then question of two-electron conductivity is bit absurd, imho. However it is possible to detect even single electron, with, for example, trumpets of SJUTS, it works exclusively in deep vacuum and are so fragile that at my hands irreversible damaged it just going through the room where in the corner under table staid opened a canister with high class vacuum oil. Thus - work with a SJUTS is just nightmare. Anyway such measurement is more relating to quantum physics not an electronics.

Axel_sr

Joined Feb 28, 2022
And off-topic continues...
The web site was the very first Google hit explaining the sensor using keywords related to the topic. Obviously I am designing one hoping that I could share thoughts with someone whom has experience. But, please continue off-topic commenting.... about everything else but the topic.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Ok, I will .........
Sorry your life stinks so much !!!

Why don't You try explaining what it is that You are trying to accomplish with your project ?
That would be a great start.

In the mean-time,
please remember that no one here owes you so much as the Time-of-Day, so please be nice.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
And off-topic continues...
The web site was the very first Google hit explaining the sensor using keywords related to the topic. Obviously I am designing one hoping that I could share thoughts with someone whom has experience. But, please continue off-topic commenting.... about everything else but the topic.
Please don't assume that anyone is familiar with what seems obvious to you, you will get much better results by being empathic, provide a clear context and explanation so others can follow along effortlessly.
Making me go to some external website just to understand the context of a post...

Axel_sr

Joined Feb 28, 2022
What did I ask in the first sentence of the initial message? The thread was NOT about a common/generic discussion around the topic. This was NOT a project presentation. This was an opening to someone whom recognizes the topic by reading the topic and by looking at the image. My only attention was to share my experience with someone whom also is able to do the same. I DID NOT expected that anyone else could give me advice nor I did not ask/expected that. And maybe, just maybe, other readers are interesting to follow that kind of conversation.
Now you call me stinky - at the same time saying that I did something wrong? Is it only allowed to have a discussion here if ANYONE knows all the details? Obviously yes. My initial message was very much forum related and very much polite. All the replies are either off-topic or telling me that I am doing something wrong.
I could have, of course, started a generic thread by explaining theory, design principals and everything. And yes, I think the topic would be quite interesting too. I can assume that there are several members who would like to read about EC/PH measurements. I have done several commercial products so I may have something to share.
Sorry that I did not start a common thread that suits to all. I must have missed that in the forum rules.
Well, how to delete the account... If creating a new thread about a very special topic is so wrong, I should no longer create new threads.

thanks and bye,

A

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC, sorry you‘ve had such a rough start.

I hope you’ll read this post and gain some insight that might be helpful in the future.

AAC is a community. That is at the core of understanding how to get the benefit of one of the best resources for electronics on the Internet. People who sustain this site, who answer the majority of the questions, and attract new members develop a reputation and have a tacit share in the community.

They’ve got knowledge and experience which has great value, and they‘ve invested their time and shared that experience with many thousands of visitors who may or may not become members and join the community. They’ve helped people learn, solved problems, hand-held non-experts with no prospect of learning on their own through solutions to repairs, building devices, and more.

This is very important. AAC would not be worth your time posting a question if not for this sustaining group. It would attract no expertise, have no search results, and generally be useless. So, when you choose to join us and ask a question, there may be only one or two people who are familiar with the specific technology you need help with, and its particular terminology.

It’s great if one of these people happens to see and answer your post, even better if they have a quick and effective answer for you. But it is also unlikely. What is not unlikely is that many other people will have encountered something similar to what you are asking about but won’t know the terminology.

If you explain the problem, and answer basic questions, they may be able to adapt their knowledge and experience to your question and offer, if not a ready solution, cogent clues about where to look—or even new terminology that will help you find the solution from a field you know nothing about.

This is actually likely so long as you try to answer and successfully explain the nature of your problem. If you can’t, because you aren’t fully up on the fundamentals, learning enough to explain it could turn out to be a big benefit to you. So even if you don’t get an answer, your time will have been well spent.

I have seen people solve their own problems in the process of explaining the nature of the subject matter.

The second problem with your approach of “if you don’t know the secret code, sod off” is that it is an abuse of the resources here. A big part of AAC’s raison d’être is teaching and learning. Part of how you make your use of the facility of AAC simpatico is by knowledge transfer both for now and posterity as search results drive traffic to the threads you create here and the posts you make to other people’s threads.

So, as I said, it is a community site but you are treating it like a dating site—this isn’t electrotinder. Now let me quickly add that you are under no obligation to talk to anyone you don’t want to talk to, nor are you required to answer every question you are asked but if you want to remain in sync with the community then you have to practice politeness and restraint.

There will always be people that are hard to get along with, or have a bad attitude—but even those people have upsides when you know them. I am assuming you aren’t very interested in the community of AAC and hoped it would be a utility to get your question answered for low cost in all senses.

If that’s the case (and I will be very happy if it isn’t) then you ar probably right to leave. But if this is just a false start, I, for one—and I believe everyone in this thread—would be happy to have a clean slate and a restart. It’s up to you. But whatever you choose, I wish you the best in your work and success with your projects.

Axel_sr

Joined Feb 28, 2022
Very sad to read all this. I hesitated to join to AAC in the first place because I have seen pretty bad kicking here and there. AAC seemed like a place where other people does not immediately start to kick you after you write something. I hoped this is one of those places where you are not stinky if you ask a question "not the right way". There are tons of forums like that.

But the message is now very clear. Thank you for that.

My last comment is that one of the first actions I made in this forum was that I started to donate components to other AAC members to support the community:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...ot-of-pt1000s-but-the-budget-is-tight.186166/

So, my contribution is not thousands of messages. But am I here just for electro-dating? Very sad to read something like this.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Very sad to read all this. I hesitated to join to AAC in the first place because I have seen pretty bad kicking here and there. AAC seemed like a place where other people does not immediately start to kick you after you write something. I hoped this is one of those places where you are not stinky if you ask a question "not the right way". There are tons of forums like that.

But the message is now very clear. Thank you for that.

My last comment is that one of the first actions I made in this forum was that I started to donate components to other AAC members to support the community:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...ot-of-pt1000s-but-the-budget-is-tight.186166/

So, my contribution is not thousands of messages. But am I here just for electro-dating? Very sad to read something like this.
Your offer is very generous, thanks for that.

But I was specifically referring to your comment about people who needed a explanation of your question should just go away. You also ignored the rest of my post. Oh well.

As far as I am concerned you are always welcome back. I‘ve experienced early-days misunderstandings myself where a misimpression seemed impossible to correct so I can sympathize.

Good luck with things. I wish you success.

Axel_sr

Joined Feb 28, 2022
I was not going to reply, but I want to add that I did not ignore any part of your reply. I do appreciate the tone of the message explaining that, in fact, such a targeted questions are not what AAC community is. And this is fine, of course. However, I do not agree all the verdicts, but that is my opinion.
Could I reshape my angle to start and contribute the topic in question from the community perspective? Sure.. no problem. But after being thrown by rotten tomatoes... well probably no. And after being the guilty one also for all the rotten tomatoes, then unfortunately this is not my community. If the outcome of stepping forward is like this, then this is clear. Message received and understood.

I also wish all the best for the AAC community.

Oh, one more thing. I would like to give you an advice: please note that for some of us English is not the first language. For me it is third, actually. When you read something that sounds like impolite may not be the speaker's intention. It may just be that we are not that fluent in English. When asked to ignore (and not wasting any time), is not the same as sod off. Actually, it is pretty much the difference of day and night. (and now someone will reply, that if you can't write or read English, do not enter an English forum...). Guilty. Again.

Last edited:

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
Obviously I am designing one hoping that I could share thoughts with someone whom has experience.
My experience shows that 2-electrode sensor is practically indifferent to ion concentration value,
but produces frequency, which is reverse proportional to electrodes water covered area.
Does not matter, is it saturated solution of NaCl or filtered tap water,
results are identical.
1700679405258.png
1701658637295.png

Last edited:

Axel_sr

Joined Feb 28, 2022
My experience shows that 2-electrode sensor...
Nice to meet you Danko and very much thank you for the reply. You have analyzed the same phenomenon as I have past two years. So we have sat in front of the very same waveform I can see.
I only summarize that I have 12 different sensors and I found out that there are several factors that affect electrical behavior. The obvious ones you also mentioned, but more. Your experiments look interesting. Hopefully the topic can be continued somewhere in the future.

A

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
I am trying to get rid of unwanted deviation between rules. I thought this is mission impossible, but there are commercial sensors that have some kind of passive circuitry for compensation.
It is possible variant of your problem solution:
1702227108574.png
1702227472346.png

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Given that the TS is unwilling to even hint at whatever it is that they wanted assistance with, and having read thru this thread and observed the comments, "good luck" and goodby.