Anybody willing to design and program PCB for people?

daddyfredregill

Joined Mar 29, 2017
I am good at woodworking and metalworking. I can not however get my mind around how to program and design a PCB.

I have an Idea of making a wristwatch with an old Numitron seven segment display. I have the seven segment display I just don't have a way or time to make this project a reality.

This is another project on hackaday.io that is super close to what I am needing but some of the things are not quite right.
https://hackaday.io/project/7881-micro-numitron-clock

The project on hackaday is super close. The output voltage to his display is 3.3v I believe, well my display needs at least 5v. Also a few other minor changes would have to be done like buttons and charging port would have to be relocated. I have been in contact with him but I think he has lost interest in the design. All the information is there I just don't think I can handle a project like that.

I have attached a picture for my display I am using.

Thanks to anyone that can help
$_1.JPG

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There are people that can do it. Willing is a question of how much you are willing to pay. I'll venture a guess that NOBODY here will do it for free. Professional help is not free anywhere in the economy that I am aware of.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I believe you do not realize what it costs to hire a professional engineering consultant.
My going rates are $350/hr and your project would require a minimum of 10 hours. Go figure.

RAJESH JAT

Joined Dec 2, 2017
I am also embedded engineer and i can help you on pcb and coding part for free because i want to build the same but want partner..

daddyfredregill

Joined Mar 29, 2017
I am expert in c and kicad based pcb designing and I know that this project is not tough enough....

Also keep in mind this is a hobby project for me so if it does not get done right I am in no obligation to pay anything. If it does work we could discuss price but this is not a production, just a one off or 2 or 3 unites. To me i dont see myself paying hundreds of dollars for. Keep this in mind

daddyfredregill

Joined Mar 29, 2017
"To me I don't see myself paying hundreds of dollars for. Keep this in mind"
That's why we should pay you $500 for the privilege of designing your unique product.
Listen i am not here to start a flame war. I am in a tight budget. I know nothing about this. I came here for help. Obviously i asked the wrong people.

I do woodwork for people because i like doing it, often times i give it away when i could charge. How ever you feel about my questions and requests is between you and yourself.

I did not ask for ridicule. I stated my request and was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject thank you for your time.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Listen i am not here to start a flame war. I am in a tight budget. I know nothing about this. I came here for help. Obviously i asked the wrong people.

I do woodwork for people because i like doing it, often times i give it away when i could charge. How ever you feel about my questions and requests is between you and yourself.

I did not ask for ridicule. I stated my request and was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject thank you for your time.
Most people expect to get paid if it meets the original statement of requirements regardless of weather you are happy with the result or not. So lighten up dude, we are just trying to be honest with you. Would you rather have us pull the wool over your eyes so you could get into a nasty dispute involving claims and counterclaims as who owed what to whom? I think we are doing you a great favor by letting you in on the way things work in the electronics and PCB business. Sorry it's not the same as the woodworking community, but it is what it is. It is incredibly difficult to get something right the first time and doing things over takes time and additional resources. When we do things for a fixed cost we take that into account. So don't be angry, find a way to deal with the reality.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You might pursue something with Rajesh above. Or another option is to contact someone at a local college (or possible high school) and see if you can find a student that is willing to do something for free or a minimal payment. It's something they can put on their resume or mention during interviews, especially for internships. They might even be able to get some credit for it as a course project. Just keep in mind that, going this route, it will take longer and the results are more likely to not be as nice as you might hope. But it might get you a working unit that, if nothing else, can be used as a proof of concept demonstrator.