Any Windows10 Wizards?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My apologies,for not being able to assist you in your plight but I do hope, you remember, that I was the first one to be useless. :p
Final comments. Someone mentioned that installation of an application will take care of the proper permissions.

Not true. If the app was developed before Win10 or never developed on Win10, the builders sometimes don’t understand the Win10 security model. It is closer to Linux than Windows. It is a big change to the Windows OS. And unfortunately the app or the OS’ reputation is damaged.

So, take an application that installs incorrectly on Win10. The end user will be frustrated and come to the conclusion that Win10 is useless. But it’s the developer that is useless or OS challenged.

A simple security change fixes the problem. And under Win10, the change isn’t to the FS, it’s to the application.

Just sayin’

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Doesn't seem worth the effort, guess I will live with the way it is for now.
Another black mark for Windows in my eyes. :(
Sorry to hear that. Windows 10 is designed to keep users from doing low level manipulations that may circumvent its management of applications and files. If a user makes "low level" changes, windows no longer know the systems "state" and bad things can happen. I use some older apps as well, and really haven't had issues.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Another puzzling issue!
I used the file manager for a search of C:\ for all *.jpg files.
It came back with some odd ball ones I never knew existed.
But in two directories I have that I store JPG files, it never displayed them?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Another puzzling issue!
I used the file manager for a search of C:\ for all *.jpg files.
It came back with some odd ball ones I never knew existed.
But in two directories I have that I store JPG files, it never displayed them?
Check the file extension really is name.jpg and not something like name.jpg.txt
Also check the "view" properties and make sure the extension is not hidden.