Any softwares to compare 2 hex files

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
Hi,
I have two hex files i need to know whether they are similar or not. What are the software available to do that? These hex files are related to Nordic nrf51.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I have two hex files i need to know whether they are similar or not. What are the software available to do that?
What are your constraints? Operating system? Do you just want to know if they're the same? Or do you want to look at the differences.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Similar to JohnInTx, open in Word (or WordPerfect, etc. ) and do a document compare. All differences get highlighted. I have used that for source code too.

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
What are your constraints? Operating system? Do you just want to know if they're the same? Or do you want to look at the differences.
I need to compare and know whether they are same or not . I did in ST Link utility software. I am not so sure that is the legitimate way

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I need to compare and know whether they are same or not . I did in ST Link utility software. I am not so sure that is the legitimate way
Use the programs already mentioned - diff on Linux or fc on Windows.

For comparing differences in text files, I've found a program called CompareIt to be better than the difference utilities on Linux. Unfortunately, it only runs on Windows and isn't free. It was so useful for work I did that I paid to have a copy on my work laptop. The source data was coming from Unix, so I had to copy files to my laptop.