Antique cameras

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
First camera in the family I remember, is one of the Brownie Hawkeye... circa 1952... It is / was phenomenal in the results it could produce... My Dad and I attended the 1960 winter Olympics in Squaw Valley California. We took a ride on a ski lift to the top, and he shot the whole valley below...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My mother had that model 2A in 1950. I used to know where it was.

What are the archeologists going to find when all our photos are on rusted out computers? Meh. They will probably say we prayed to the computers.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I recall playing with the 2A Brownie, but I don't think my parents put any film in it for me. My folks had gone to SLR cameras by then. I still have one of those old light meters one had to use to set the exposure.

I still have my mom's old 8mm camera as well, and a projector for the film. No audio.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
When was the last time anyone saw a flash bulb... Then again when was the last time anyone looked for one...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I still have a couple of those 4-bulb, rotating flash cubes! I've saved them all these years to use "someday" as a type of firework, I guess. I have a grandson now - he's 2 - so maybe it's time to use them up.

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
See some flash bulbs regularly at the local weekend fea market. Is there anything fun electronic wise that can be done with them? I've got a vague memory of something. Anyone?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I missed this thread back in January, but enjoyed it today. Like many of you, I have a lot of photos taken with Brownie cameras. I think my Brownie was sold at my late mother's estate sale a few years ago.

ETA: If my Brownie was an antique, what does that make me? :eek:

Last edited: