Antimatter.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Pardon me BR-549, but this is constructive criticism.

You need to highly refine your statements to clarify your propositions. Quite often, I find your posts are long winded, obscure, and I have great difficulty understanding the ideas you're trying to convey.

I suspect that you do not have a reasonable understanding of the basic physics involved in some of your propositions and you're pontificating about something you've merely heard or read about without doing an analysis. This is a classic example of the saying "A little bit of knowledge is dangerous".

My knowledge of advanced physics or biology is also very limited so I refrain from commenting on any topic on which I cannot make competent statements. Without basic knowledge, you're engaging in "Metaphysics" (rather than hard science) and it's something to be reserved for the Twilight Zone.

I am also a technical writer/illustrator and I carefully check the grammar and composition of all my statements for clarity and succinctness (conveying my thoughts with the minimal amount of rhetoric). My observation is that many science and engineering students (and graduates) lack basic writing skills and cannot convey their thoughts in an efficient manner. That's another pet peeve and I will post this on another topic.

However, your posts are still appreciated and I will attempt to reply to you in a cordial manner.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I notice you cover yourself by mentioning H2. The antimatter hydrogen is ionized, else we could not contain it. If we were to add positrons to it it would become electrically neutral, and impossible to store. This doesn't make any less elemental though. Part of what is done at Cern is to take anti hydrogen going one way and hydrogen going the other way (interestingly they respond to the same magnetic fields by going opposite directions) and record the results of the high energy collisions.

Encryption

Joined Jul 20, 2019
I can believe in necromancy this time just to say I love the ops post .been looking into ways to utilize positrons and this came up. Forced me to register just to say what the op says is good for all to expand your minds and with effort, our understanding. Love the open mindedmind you n that s discussion .

I perform digital necromancy for expansion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wendy General Science, Physics & Math 4