Antenna problem with ElectroVoice RE3 Wireless mic

DavidBranch

Joined Oct 1, 2021
A local golf course asked me to install a RE3 Wireless microphone system on their patio. I ran coax about 50 feet between the antennas. On the patio side where the antenna is connected to the "A" antenna input, the signal is received well, but on the "B" port it is only picked up about 5% of the time.

It is always the coax cable connected to port "A" that is working even when I swap it with port "B.".
What makes it strange is that I have used three different RE3 receivers, but they all experience the same problem.

Do you have any suggestions?

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
You didn't state whether You had any performance issues or not.

The Diversity-Receiver may default to one Antenna-Jack or the other
until a significant loss of Signal-Strength is detected.

DavidBranch

Joined Oct 1, 2021
performance issues or not.
It appears that problems I had were caused by the antenna arrangement of the previous installation. The RE3 replaced a RE2 system. The RE2 worked fine with two 3 dB gain mobile radio antennas (passive) at the operating frequency.

Donaldwang

Joined Oct 4, 2021
A local golf course asked me to install a RE3 Wireless microphone system on their patio. I ran coax about 50 feet between the antennas. On the patio side where the antenna is connected to the "A" antenna input, the signal is received well, but on the "B" port it is only picked up about 5% of the time.

It is always the coax cable connected to port "A" that is working even when I swap it with port "B.".
What makes it strange is that I have used three different RE3 receivers, but they all experience the same problem.

Do you have any suggestions?
Hi, I have also seen the same problem as yours. Then I tested my RE3 wireless microphone online. To find out at what point the problem is occurring. Where is the RE3 wireless microphone not talking and where is the signal wrong? But after testing the mic, I got the signal and mic to work equally well. I think you should test your mic as well. Maybe you can find a solution to this problem.