Another waste of time.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Another thread where 11 members put in a total of 40 posts with an attempt to come up with an answer.
Trouble is the OP didn't seem to appreciate the effort and took his ball and went home!:rolleyes:
Max.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Another thread where 11 members put in a total of 40 posts with an attempt to come up with an answer.
Trouble is the OP didn't seem to appreciate the effort and took his ball and went home!:rolleyes:
Max.
You didn't count the deleted posts.
Or the post from a mod asking the OP questions AFTER the thread was locked. I dunno who was going to answer but the post was now deleted.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
And somehow the insults from the TS remained when the posts calling the TS on those insults remained. I still say there needs to be a change in moderation. There are one or two moderators that have been at this job way too long.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You didn't count the deleted posts.
Or the post from a mod asking the OP questions AFTER the thread was locked. I dunno who was going to answer but the post was now deleted.
Since you clearly insist on doing nothing but stirring the pot, let's set the record straight. When you follow a link in the Alerts and are taken to a post in the middle of a page in a thread, you cannot see the lock icon because it is off the top of the page. So I responded to a post in the thread not knowing the thread had been locked. As a mod, the lock doesn't apply and no indication is given that the thread has been locked (I wish it did and have made that suggestion a long time ago). As soon as the post was made I saw the post above it announcing that the thread was being locked, so I immediately deleted the post

PostDeleted.png

Of course, alerts go out to anyone that is watching the thread when a post is made. So you managed to see the post before the deletion was persisted to the database. However, it's interesting that you didn't report that post, but instead reported the prior post at 12:14 PM. Could that be because by the time you went to report it it had already been deleted and you couldn't? So you knew the post had been deleted, but you just have to make waves anyway because, for some reason, you just love to sow discord on the boards.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This is far from the only example of wasted time and effort. I had more energy and enthusiasm for this stuff when I was working. Now that I'm retired I'm quite a bit more picky about threads I contribute too. Maybe the nature of the discussions has migrated away from things that pique my interest. It is hard to say why things are that way.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
And somehow the insults from the TS remained when the posts calling the TS on those insults remained. I still say there needs to be a change in moderation. There are one or two moderators that have been at this job way too long.
And what makes you think that none of the TS's posts were deleted?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Opps I was wrong. As I said the insults remain

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...troller-from-mains.144582/page-2#post-1226572

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/power-microcontroller-from-mains.144582/#post-1226569

So go ahead and clean those up too and make the TS look like some kind of angel rather than someone to avoid.
So it appears that you want to gripe about them remaining but yet will gripe if they are removed.

If you want us to consider taking action about a post, then report it.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Since you clearly insist on doing nothing but stirring the pot, let's set the record straight. When you follow a link in the Alerts and are taken to a post in the middle of a page in a thread, you cannot see the lock icon because it is off the top of the page. So I responded to a post in the thread not knowing the thread had been locked. As a mod, the lock doesn't apply and no indication is given that the thread has been locked (I wish it did and have made that suggestion a long time ago). As soon as the post was made I saw the post above it announcing that the thread was being locked, so I immediately deleted the post

View attachment 144161

Of course, alerts go out to anyone that is watching the thread when a post is made. So you managed to see the post before the deletion was persisted to the database. However, it's interesting that you didn't report that post, but instead reported the prior post at 12:14 PM. Could that be because by the time you went to report it it had already been deleted and you couldn't? So you knew the post had been deleted, but you just have to make waves anyway because, for some reason, you just love to sow discord on the boards.
Don't ask questions of if you don't want me to respond.
Your claim about the TIMING of your post is funny, but I wish I would have caught a screen grab of the CONTENTS of that post - HILLARIOUS. Way to attack a member. Do you get medals from the other mods? Man, my post would have been deleted for the contents!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Don't ask questions of if you don't want me to respond.
Your claim about the TIMING of your post is funny, but I wish I would have caught a screen grab of the CONTENTS of that post - HILLARIOUS. Way to attack a member. Do you get medals from the other mods? Man, my post would have been deleted for the contents!
Not too late to get your wish. Let's just take a look at this post that you claim was such an attack on a member and that would have been deleted for content had you made it:

ScreenCapture.png

Ah, yes. It is SO clear what a vile attack this post constituted.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
He just did and a moderator dismissed it as "gripping"
I don't know what "gripping" has to do with it.

But it is completely unclear what action spinnaker would like taken regarding those posts since he has voiced objection to either course. If he would like to pick one and request that it be considered, then we can do so.

EDIT: No change - edit to show telltales.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Nope not vile. We are all presumably adults here. We can take it.

But my post suggesting that the TS hire an engineer if he did not like the free answers given was deemed vile and was deleted. Guess it was too much for the TS to handle. ;)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
That's not what I remember reading last time. Nice edit.
I had a feeling that's what you would try to claim when you were shown up for the false accusation you were trying to purport.

Do you see an edit tag there? That means it wasn't edited.

Do you see a "History" button between the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons? That means that there is no other version of the post, only the original.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I had a feeling that's what you would try to claim when you were shown up for the false accusation you were trying to purport.

Do you see an edit tag there? That means it wasn't edited.

Do you see a "History" button between the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons? That means that there is no other version of the post, only the original.
It is amazing how well Microsoft Paint works. That new screen grabber tool makes things easy as well. Nice work.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It is amazing how well Microsoft Paint works. That new screen grabber tool makes things easy as well. Nice work.
Any other mod or admin can confirm that it hasn't been edited.

Furthermore, I could restore the post and everyone can confirm it for themselves.

Would you like for me to do that? I'm guessing not since it would only force you to dream up some new fantasy, probably involving me bribing the database developers at XenForo.