Another newbie needs help with 555 timer for a motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

6octagon

Joined Nov 9, 2009
Hi everyone. I have been searching for a few weeks now and found to much info that i don't really understand. I understand the basics on the timer but cant figure out how to use the formulas to figure out on and off times. I Just cant wrap my head around this stuff. I know what resistors and capacitors do but when they work together im lost. Here is what im trying to do. I have a 6v 4mA battery that runs a motor continuously. At the very least I want to have the moter come on for 5 seconds then go off for lets say 5 seconds. I would prefer to be able to adjust the time between 3 - 10 second on and off. I have been messing around for hours with this Yenka program that will simulate what im trying to do. The only thing im conserned with is that the motor seems to slow down then speed up, not turn on and shut off. Will the resistance of the motor stop it? It seems that the resister on the output leg controls RPM. I dont know what the current RPM is. I want it to stay the same. I have seen sample schmatics that show a npn transister but i cant get it to simulate correctly. I dont know what to do next

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.