Another databook bible/goldmine thread

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
That's definitely one of my favorites. I still have my copy from when I was an R&D tech and it was a new publication; it's one of the dozen or so databooks that I kept when I made a career change.

Another favorite is the Optoelectronics Applications Manual written by the Applications Engineering Staff at the HP Optoelectronics Division.

I've been looking for a PDF version of the 1980 Motorola Zener Diode Manual.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
Much of my databook collection I cut up and scanned, which was a huge amount of work - and now I have virtually no use for any of it. The shelf space it cleared, on the other hand ... My ancient Signetics hard bound databooks are among those I've kept. I also kept my old HP opto aps books. My Fairchild MSI Pocket Guide and Linear Integrated Circuits Condensed Catalog (which tells me the µA741 has replaced the 709 as the industry standard op amp), both from 1970 and both of which would fit in a shirt pocket, remain. I think I still have my Intel 4004 and 4040 databooks.

I have a scan of the Motorola Rectifiers and Zeners databook, DL125, Rev 2, 1985.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I have a scan of the Motorola Rectifiers and Zeners databook, DL125, Rev 2, 1985.
Does it have sections on Zener Diode Theory, Zener Diode Production Techniques, Reliability Considerations, and Zener Diode Characteristics? That information seemed to be omitted in later versions of the manual.

I have a PDF of the 1988 databook, from the link posted by @bertus, and it doesn't have much more than datasheets.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
I'll check for those sections.

At some point Mota produced a rectifier and zener "handbook" that covered at least some of those things. I think that probably was sometime in the 80s. I may have a scan of that or the original. I'm pretty sure a later version could be had at ON.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
Does it have sections on Zener Diode Theory, Zener Diode Production Techniques, Reliability Considerations, and Zener Diode Characteristics? That information seemed to be omitted in later versions of the manual.

I have a PDF of the 1988 databook, from the link posted by @bertus, and it doesn't have much more than datasheets.
That stuff isn't in the databook that I scanned. It does all appear to be in Motorola TVS/Zener Device Data DL150 c. 1991 (dated 1991 in one place and 92 in another). I have the paper version, but not a scan. It looks like it can be found on the web as a PDF from Internet Archive and others. I could cut mine up and scan it if necessary.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
That stuff isn't in the databook that I scanned. It does all appear to be in Motorola TVS/Zener Device Data DL150 c. 1991 (dated 1991 in one place and 92 in another). I have the paper version, but not a scan. It looks like it can be found on the web as a PDF from Internet Archive and others. I could cut mine up and scan it if necessary.
I'll check out the databook you mentioned. I have the databook I mentioned. I've misplaced it a couple of times and would like a PDF to use instead.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It does all appear to be in Motorola TVS/Zener Device Data DL150 c. 1991 (dated 1991 in one place and 92 in another).
Thanks for the info. I downloaded from the link provided by @bertus. Now my databook can stay on the bookshelf unless I feel like flipping pages.