Android App for Bluetooth Relay

Vizulu

Joined Dec 20, 2021
Hi, I would like to ask, if somebody knows the right control app (android) for a 4 Relay Bluetooth board, Bluetooth name “forever17514”, I bought this from aliexpress. Unfortunately there is no documentation available. Does anybody have some experience with this board? I tried also with a Bluetooth terminal app, sending some commands, but the relay didn’t do anything, only Bluetooth paring was possible. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I've never used Bluetooth with the Arduino, but I would expect that the Arduino will have to be programmed for using the module... Not Android? AliX is notorious for not providing documentation for what they sell. Looking for Bluetooth relay module on Digi-Key bring up over 250 pages of products. None of which seem to apply to this module...

Take a look at this: Smart Tuya Switch Module 4 Channels with Relay RF433 7 32V 85 250V DIY with Alexa Google Home Smart Life APP Remote Control | AliExpress

Last edited:

Vizulu

Joined Dec 20, 2021
I've never used Bluetooth with the Arduino, but I would expect that the Arduino will have to be programmed for using the module... Not Android? AliX is notorious for not providing documentation for what they sell. Looking for Bluetooth relay module on Digi-Key bring up over 250 pages of products. None of which seem to apply to this module...

Take a look at this: Smart Tuya Switch Module 4 Channels with Relay RF433 7 32V 85 250V DIY with Alexa Google Home Smart Life APP Remote Control | AliExpress
Thanks so much for your proposal, but I din't find an App for this module.

Marley

Joined Apr 4, 2016
I would not be surprised if you can get a similar relay board with a serial (either RS232 or serial over USB) input.
If you send the same ASCII strings over Bluetooth it might work.
I have not tried this recently but I believe there is a method to send serial over Bluetooth.
Doubt if there is an Android app for it though!

Vizulu

Joined Dec 20, 2021
I would not be surprised if you can get a similar relay board with a serial (either RS232 or serial over USB) input.
If you send the same ASCII strings over Bluetooth it might work.
I have not tried this recently but I believe there is a method to send serial over Bluetooth.
Doubt if there is an Android app for it though!
Yes, is a good idea, I tried it already with a Terminal App (Serial Bluetooth Terminal V1.36 for Android), but I had no success, because I don't know the serial protocol to activate the relays. Do you have any idea where to get the protocol definitions?

Marley

Joined Apr 4, 2016
Wow! There is an app for it. Should have known - there's an app for almost everything!
Research online now for the protocol and you're there.

Vizulu

Joined Dec 20, 2021
Wow! There is an app for it. Should have known - there's an app for almost everything!
Research online now for the protocol and you're there.
Until now I had no success, to find the right one, I tried these protocols:
Rel.1 : (all Hex)
On: A0 01 01 A2
Off: A0 01 00 A1
or this one
Rel.1 (ASCII)
On: A1
OFF: A2
or this one
Rel. 1 (all Hex)
On: FD 02 20 01 01 5D
Off: FD 02 20 01 00 5D

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Thanks so much for your proposal, but I din't find an App for this module.
Did you look at the "Smart Switch" control device next to the relay module in the picture? The "Smart Switch" is the control device for the module and what communicates by Bluetooth. It also mentions that it additionally works with Alexa and Google Home. The "Smart Switch" device is the piece that you are missing and most likely comes with the app or a link to it. Unless you want to program a uP to work with the relay board and write the app for your phone yourself...

Vizulu

Joined Dec 20, 2021
Did you look at the "Smart Switch" control device next to the relay module in the picture? The "Smart Switch" is the control device for the module and what communicates by Bluetooth. It also mentions that it additionally works with Alexa and Google Home. The "Smart Switch" device is the piece that you are missing and most likely comes with the app or a link to it. Unless you want to program a uP to work with the relay board and write the app for your phone yourself...
Yes I checked the module, but I'm looking for an App that controls directly the Relay Module. If I can't find anything, I will by an other module associated with the right App.