Hello everyone! I am new to this forum but am glad I found it. I have a pretty good understanding of troubleshooting and analyzing circuits, but the one I am currently working on is proving a bit difficult, especially sense my book does a terrible job at explaining how to do this.
Anyhow, here is my assignment:
An RC low-pass filter has the following exact values: RF = 100 Ω, RS = 50 Ω, and CF = 10 μF. The filter is connected to a load that can vary over a range of 10 to 500 Ω. Calculate:
The range of Av for the circuit.
The range of fC for the circuit.
So, I know the formula for Av(max) = Req/(Req)+(Rs)
and I also know that Req = Rp || RL
However, I am lost as how to get started because, for one thing, I do not see a value for RL listed. Furthermore to find Rp, I would need to find Q, but to find Q I would need to calculate XL and again, no value is presented for an inductor.
Perhaps I am just looking at this assignment the wrong way?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
- ParaTrooperJoe -
Anyhow, here is my assignment:
An RC low-pass filter has the following exact values: RF = 100 Ω, RS = 50 Ω, and CF = 10 μF. The filter is connected to a load that can vary over a range of 10 to 500 Ω. Calculate:
The range of Av for the circuit.
The range of fC for the circuit.
So, I know the formula for Av(max) = Req/(Req)+(Rs)
and I also know that Req = Rp || RL
However, I am lost as how to get started because, for one thing, I do not see a value for RL listed. Furthermore to find Rp, I would need to find Q, but to find Q I would need to calculate XL and again, no value is presented for an inductor.
Perhaps I am just looking at this assignment the wrong way?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
- ParaTrooperJoe -