Analog Output circuit review

jonfarrugia

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I created an analog output circuit using a 3.3v pwm signal. The output is selectable using a jumper (P11) for either 0-5v or 0-10v.
Do it look ok to run with?
Capture.JPG

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
What is the purpose of R25?

ak
What I think is that it was used to reducing the output current, but it will also affecting the output voltage when it is in series with the input resistance of the next circuit, the final output will be as a voltage divider output, it is depends on how high the input resistance of the next circuit

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Slew rate of the 2904 pretty slow at .5V / uS, is that OK with
rest of your design ?

R17, C7 will severely de-pulseify your waveform, change waveshape
to sine/heavily filtered exponential, that in line with what you are trying
to achieve ?

Regards, Dana.

jonfarrugia

Joined Feb 19, 2010
The purpose of R25 was to help protect the opamp from an overcurrent if it happens to get connected to ground. What else can I use to protect it? a poly fuse?

The whole idea of R17 and C7 was to convert the pwm pulse signal to an analog signal and then boost it to the desired voltage through the opamp

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
You will want to put an R in series with V+ input to limit current when power is
turned off and C7 still charged, potentially its discharge thru power down OpAmp
could damage input. Based on your circuit maybe 40-50K would do.

Regards, Dana.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Depending on the opamp it could be a problem, but rarely. 50K is surprisingly large, and increases input bias current errors.

ak

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
R50 was recommended to produce equivalent bias ofset Inv input
seeing.

But thats only 1/2 mV (room temp) , and for the application probably not relevant.

I withdraw the recommendation.

Regards, Dana.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
My apologies, I completely forgot about the issue with discharging the 10 uF
thru the input when supply is shutoff. Leave R19 in.

Regards, Dana.