An almost exciting tale from Strantor's real life

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm not going to bother trying to document this again. After 5 months of clipping newspaper articles for another disbeliever, he looked at all the felony convictions of police officers, admittedly mistaken killings, and "deemed justified" killings in a five month period, and still didn't believe.

However, I can give you a start. Tonight's news includes 12 Los Angeles police officers arrested by the FBI for a multiple year pattern of excessive violence and conspiracy to conceal their crimes. You might remember something about every prisoner on death row in Illinois being released because of massive corruption in the "justice" system. The point being that our police can kill innocent people by fabricating evidence in addition to shooting them 36 times for handing over their wallet or tasing them to death for not coming out of their diabetic coma fast enough.

Google is your friend.

Sorry, that was 18 arrested:http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/justice/los-angeles-deputies-arrested/index.html

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So, given the amount of time you've been following this topic, what would be your best estimate of the fraction of police that are corrupt and killing innocent people on a regular basis? 50%? 90%? 99%? More?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
So, given the amount of time you've been following this topic, what would be your best estimate of the fraction of police that are corrupt and killing innocent people on a regular basis? 50%? 90%? 99%? More?
There are plenty of good officers. But, those have a hard time pulling back the reins on the officers that can or could be responsible for loss of life.

1 person is enough to say it's wrong, more than 1 is reason to begin to say there is a problem.

Numbers won't lie but, it's even worse when you know the people who die. We shouldn't put a statistical analysis after people do something bad and try to justify it with analysis.

Edit: I edited this because it needed it. So I hope you didn't get it wrong.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My opinion? As a wild guess, maybe 1% to 2% that are just badge crazy and looking for an excuse to show how big their testicles are. 5% to 10% that can't resist an occasional opportunity to "have some fun" with a person that can not defend themselves. 20% to 30% that don't know the laws they are hired to enforce and have never read the Constitution of The United States of America. 80% to 90% that would have to be under duress before they would rat out a fellow officer.

The disclosure of the abuse of power comes in several categories. Police that don't know they are being filmed, crimes so heinous and unprovoked that even the other officers can not keep their silence, The Innocence Project, massive judicial malfeasance (as in the Illinois death row case), people that have enough money to buy justice, and personal experience are a few of them.

Attachments

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The disclosure of the abuse of power comes in several categories. Police that don't know they are being filmed, crimes so heinous and unprovoked that even the other officers can not keep their silence
I will say there are plenty of out numbered officers in the line of duty.

Putting life and limb in danger on a daily basis. It's not just one sided.

It gets very complicated.

Edit: Just to be clear, not justifiable.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
There are people in every profession that abuse their power. The percentages are real low, however, with the if it bleeds, it leads mantra of the media, those percentages seem much higher.

People who violate the law should be held accountable. When we hold people to a higher standard, and we all do, what tests are done to ensure the people meet those higher standards as they enter the workplace?

We have all sorts of training, but if those doing the deeds have lower standards, until they are punished, they will continue to do what they believe is ok to do.

This is in every profession. My son is a police officer. I hope he always uses his best judgment daily and comes home to his wife and kids. Cellphone video typically does not catch the prelude to the action being filmed, the behavior of all prior to the person starting the recording. More and more departments have car cams, some officers have cams and that will be increasing in the future. The officer will have to start the personal cam from the moment they start the pursuit, and yet, we will have some units of time between the thought process of starting the pursuit before the camera starts rolling.

Most people see the horror of the end and never think about how it started.

Would you like to live under the same microscope? I wouldn't. Do you think society should have street cams and prosecute all who violate the laws that are caught on cam? Some cities already do that with respect to traffic laws. It's cut an dry ... you entered the intersection on a red light ... pay the fine. It does not consider mitigating circumstances.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Things should change ,in Miami 2 days ago....4 officers were hit with friendly fire.

At least 10 -20 officers were unloading clips into a car ,the officers were hit in a

cross fire. This will get the attention commanders across the country .It will cost

the agencies a lot of self insured money. Google the story in Miami.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I was working last night in a small cardboard box plant in a small industrial complex in a less than upscale part of town. It was after normal business hours and all of the workers had gone home except for the guy who drew the short straw and had to stay behind with me until I got a printing press up and running. After I finished, I let myself out the back door where my car was parked, while the other guy went out the front and locked up. I barged through the door with both arms full of expensive test equipment and tools, and the door closed and locked behind me. I had just made it to the bottom of the 6' flight of stairs to the parking lot, when 5 muscle-bound, intimidating dudes came sprinting out of the shadows at the other end of the parking lot straight toward me. I just stood there, knowing that I couldn't get back inside, and I couldn't get to my car and get my gun before they got to me. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no chance of putting up a fight. I was ready to just hand over all my stuff and/or take a beating. They got 10 ft away from me, and then all scrambled 180 degrees and fled back into the shadows. I just stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds trying to figure out what the heck just happened. I looked behind me to see if Iron Man or the Hulk was there; nothing. After they had disappeared into the shadows again, I heard one of them call out "2 more to go!" Then I saw the cone. 10 ft away, where they had reversed course. They were running wind sprints. As I drove away, I saw the glowing sign of the gym. Odd place for a gym, in an industrial complex.
"Almost Exciting" I don't think I've ever seen that combination of words before. :()

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
American Rules of Engagement
Rule #1: Never speak of your own free will in the presence of a police officer.
Rule #2: When your free will has ended, you may say: "I do not consent to anything. I want a lawyer." Do that while complying very quickly with every demand.
Rule #3: If you survived, you can hire a lawyer.

American police officers kill innocent people every day, and that only includes the killings they can't hide from public knowledge.

I agree. Today's officers, think and act like wannabe RoboCops.

I say that, because I remember when cops were your friend, and they could be trusted to tell the truth.

Cop shops all over the Country, are getting MRAPs and Drones to spy on anyone they don't like.
The "Police State", is growing rapidly.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You see gym's popping up every where ,some are unmarked.....they don't want you to

know until you see out place people running in the bad part of town. Bad part of town,

no such place.....I get along with people ,because they see me as a active part of

them , can you see someone getting on me...they want to be something like me.

They wish they were me.....the they's protect me.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I remember when cops were your friend, and they could be trusted to tell the truth.
So do I. That's why I feel bitter about how this is turning out. The police are trained to lie to you and, at the same time, hide behind laws that make it a crime to treat them with the same amount of respect...and that's only the start.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You see gym's popping up every where ,some are unmarked.....they don't want you to

know until you see out place people running in the bad part of town. Bad part of town,

no such place.....I get along with people ,because they see me as a active part of

them , can you see someone getting on me...they want to be something like me.

They wish they were me.....the they's protect me.
Quote Loosewire, " ...they want to be something like me." We all want to be like you.:)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
With a few gaps in between the average guy, would have enjoyed the Loosewire

life. The real Loosewire has lived a great life and if he passed today ,it would have

been a great life. The person that does the same things day after day ,would

not be able to keep up. Example-I had a offer to be in the World Famous Boat

Parade that is televised and repeated every year. If not this year maybe next,

something to live for. There is so much about Loosewire that you don't have

a clue about. You would be amazed ,there is a two page book there and a short

film. That why I am turning the page ,I would go visit Florida,Ala, Miss,Tenn members.

I have that much self confidence. I could get wings also. Again I am faced with a

friend that is going into hospice,they are told....the family you have never seen

before shows up,the home hospital bed arrives .All the others stuff delivered ,he

has fallen once. The first time he go's to the hospital ,may be his last ride alive. I am

trying to get the family to keep him from falling. For your information you can order a

inflatable chair that lays flat on the floor ,have your friend roll over on the flat

surface and turn on the pump. The flat surface will pump up to a chair shape

and the person can rest until more help arrive's. Check this out a lot people

could be helped with this post. This flatable cost about $60.00 ,a small price

to help keep people alive and prevent more injury. Turning the page.