amplifier design using PSPICE

gzmnc

Joined May 25, 2007
hi,

I'm new in this forum. I searched the topics but I couldn't find sth. I need to design Amplifier using PSPICE. I download sutdent version and try to learn it but I don't understand what I can do to design an Amplifier. it seems very easy but I don't know where to start.

could you please help me?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We will ned information on the amplifier to be able to help. Is it a signal amplifier or a power amp? What range of frequencies will it have to pass? There is a great deal of difference between an RF amp and an audio amp. Wiil it be discreet components, or will it use IC's?

gzmnc

Joined May 25, 2007
thanks for your attention. this is the problem that mkae hard the works. it is not said. only "amplifier design using PSPICE" our class topic is transistors. pnp, npn junctions, so I try to use them making simple one.
could you please help me about this?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
PSPICE won't design the amplifier for you. It will only analyze the results of your efforts. The first step is to pick a type of amplifier. For your purposes the choice here is very nearly irrelevant. You should be able to find a drawing of one in your textbook or on the internet. The next step is to create the schematic or net list. When you have values for the components then you can have PSPICE do an analysis. If you are not happy with the results then you can make a change and rerun the simulation.

We cannot and should not do the first step for you. You must show some effort.

gzmnc

Joined May 25, 2007
PSPICE won't design the amplifier for you. It will only analyze the results of your efforts. The first step is to pick a type of amplifier. For your purposes the choice here is very nearly irrelevant. You should be able to find a drawing of one in your textbook or on the internet. The next step is to create the schematic or net list. When you have values for the components then you can have PSPICE do an analysis. If you are not happy with the results then you can make a change and rerun the simulation.

We cannot and should not do the first step for you. You must show some effort.
I'm studying on it whole day and I think I did sth. :) the results are not ok but I'm still trying. thanks for your helps.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Here was an almost immediate google hit for
"common emitter amplifier schematic"
You may allso want to search on the following:
"common base amplifier schematic"
"common collector amplifier schematic"
"emitter follower schematic"

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'm studying on it whole day and I think I did sth. :) the results are not ok but I'm still trying. thanks for your helps.
At this stage is when we ask you to provide your design goals, a schematic of your design and your questions on what you feel is the problem.