Amateur radio license renewal...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hi. Anyone knows if this is true or correct ?
Cannot remember the payment from the last renewal 10 years ago. Is this a new thing ?

1658868129772.png

Yes, I will renew by mail. Got conflictive information :

1658868444994.png

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
At our age, I look forward to being around long enough to renew even if they stiff me for 35 bucks. The same with my hunting/fishing license which used to be free for those over 65. Now they want a "renewal fee" for the "free" license.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
About renewing by ULS - internet, am fed up with the asking for more registrations, log-ins, passwords, account numbers, putting my credit card on the web filled with crooks, with more account numbers, more passwords and sheeet and a half made good for the lazy. A filled form and a stamp is my preference by far. As I do my taxes.

The FCC form 165 for submitting payments seems written in hebrew. Check? card? money order? where ? ...
Seems yes : ----> https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/system...eless-fees/personal-service-and-amateur#renew

Now I have to guess wtf is the code PRAN. Plenty of pushes for facebook, instagram, tweets + on the fcc site and nothing telling what are their lettersoups...
Everyone else transmitting and receiving radio frequency communications anonymously and encrypted all day long and every day with no license including all sorts of crooks on cell phones do not pay. Amateur operators yes, with call sign forced every few seconds...

Last edited: