Am radio : oscilloscope......

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Because really I do not know...Not really good at guessing lengths

Please help me delete my account
There is something called a tape measure.
The approx. length from tip to tip of your arms stretched out is almost your height.
Hence a 5' 1" tall person can stretch their arms 5' or 1.5m.

AAC threads and posts are permanent for archival reasons. AAC does not delete user accounts unless there are exceptional reasons for doing so.

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
There is something called a tape measure.
The approx. length from tip to tip of your arms stretched out is almost your height.
Hence a 5' 1" tall person can stretch their arms 5' or 1.5m.

AAC threads and posts are permanent for archival reasons. AAC does not delete user accounts unless there are exceptional reasons for doing so.
Really?? antenna not up to 10m then..Thanks

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I have read MrChips for years, and have never seen him mislead or insult. His engineering talent is to be envied.

If I had MrChips for an instructor, I would take full advantage of him.

No one likes authority, especially the young. He is not there to be your buddy.....he is there to task you.

Your lucky.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I am clever enough to know whether or not you are telling the truth.
So how long is the antenna wire? Just an estimate will do.

1, 2, 3... double arm stretches?

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
I have read MrChips for years, and have never seen him mislead or insult. His engineering talent is to be envied.

If I had MrChips for an instructor, I would take full advantage of him.

No one likes authority, especially the young. He is not there to be your buddy.....he is there to task you.

Your lucky.
lol...I agree with you

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You may not appreciate what a proper long wire antenna looks like if you want to build a crystal radio.
Here is what you need.

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
You may not appreciate what a proper long wire antenna looks like if you want to build a crystal radio.
Here is what you need.

made one in the past but just got schematic and built..trying to understand it now

I do not understand the image..The antenna I have is through a window outside then sellotaped to a wall..this is ok? (will increase length)

Antenna in image is the green wire yh?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The purpose of the two trees in the photograph is to show the scale of the lengths.
The long wire from tree to tree and the down-lead to the radio is the antenna.
You can do it the proper way by getting a pair of egg insulators although this is not necessary.
Plastic rings will do.