Altium Designer 14 Component library error.

ashkarmalik

Joined Jul 1, 2012
I have Build a Component of a Micro controller in Altium designer and I placed it i Schematic But as soon as I place the component there are red zigzag lines all over the pins (100Pins) Why it is so,And Also I build a Multi part component i.e a Quad Nand Gate and same Problem arises in that too.

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I have Build a Component of a Micro controller in Altium designer and I placed it i Schematic But as soon as I place the component there are red zigzag lines all over the pins (100Pins) Why it is so,And Also I build a Multi part component i.e a Quad Nand Gate and same Problem arises in that too.
Run the ERC and it will show you what the errors are. Or, you may be able to simply hover over the red lines and it will show you in the HUD.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Were you able to find the problem?

It may be that the software thought some inputs or outputs were floating. Or, if some of the pins have the same designators, they would be underlined. The "Messages" dialog should show you what it things is wrong. If you don't see the "Messages" panel, go to the bottom right where it says "System", click, and check "Messages".

Hope this helps!
Matt