Allen Bradley Programming

Natalie

Joined Mar 2, 2015
This is my first time programming, as well as using Allen Bradley. I know I don't have a complex program to develop, just having a rough start. Instead of using a start stop with my system, I'm using an HOA. I also have an hour timer as well as a 24 hour counter. Lead/Lag. Also, I need to be able to clear a fault to where the it will not allow the system to restart; the condition must be cleared and then a button has to be pushed to restart.

I know this is a lot, and asking a lot, but I appreciate all help that I can receive.

Thank you!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am not familiar with HOA, is this a model? I have used up to the SLC500, I couldn't find it as a Mnemonic.
Look at using a MCR and also a latch/unlatch to lock out a fault.
Max.

Natalie

Joined Mar 2, 2015
HOA is the switch I am using. Typically a lot of programs have a push button, but in my case I need to use an H(hand)O(off)A(auto) switch.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
I would use the fault condition to turn on a latch. I would then put the latch contacts in series with the selector, so that it wouldn't work. I would then use another push button to unlatch the fault.
But like most programming, there's several ways to do this.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume you will be using a standard operator for the switch such as the common three position maintained on-off-on.
When the fault is detected, use a latch to lock out the process, and whatever action is used to clear the fault will then in turn unlatch the fault.
The only way to get experience is to work out the program and then if you have access to the controller, run it in monitor mode to debug it, usually you only need input devices as the output status LED will indicate the actual output.
Max.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Is there a specific question or are you really asking for someone to teach you how to program a PLC?
A forum isn't a suitable replacement for proper training...

Natalie

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Pretty much I was looking for how to start the program using an HOA switch, every example I was running into was using a button. Just looking for a bit of guidance.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The PB style of control usually uses a self latch which you don't really need if using a Maintained on-off-on switch.
The action is essentially self latching for each position, so all you need to do is use each of the MAN - AUTO positions to control or enable each function, the return to centre will disable all.
It is virtually the same as the P.B. principle except no initial self latching rungs are needed.
As all ready mentioned, there are many ways to skin a cat (or write a PLC program)!
Max.