Aliens

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
Now, if the aliens are from a different universe, all bets are off.
Hmmm. By definition, there can be at most one universe. Science fiction and science fantasy to the contrary notwithstanding.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Funny, there are several experiments that suggest there may be alternate realities. There is plenty of room for new knowledge.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Well, there are aliens and there are aliens.

As for me, I'll never tell. But to be completely honest with you, I could. There is an inherent disbelief in humans that would allow aliens to tell them anything. We'd never be believed.

It's interesting to note that this is indeed, one perfectly valid interpretation of the first 2 books of genesis. A text of importance to 5/7ths of the earths human population.

;)

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Am I the only one to see that quote button on K7GUH's post...
I think my neighbours are aliens,not sure if they are from some other universe or not...

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
I think the OP was trying to quote this from a different thread...

If they were aliens from this universe, and we are comfortable with the concept that in any given universe the law of physics are constant, then no.

In your example, torque is the name we give to rotational force. The units (newton-meters) are chosen because they give an apt way to measure and quantify rotational force in terms we can easily understand. We could assign a completely new unit to rotational force, but it would still be appropriate to use units of (force x extent - [the terminology is important here as it helps distinguish torque from work (force x distance)]). The alien may have a separate unit for torque, but it would still be equally valid to use the alien's terms for extent and force.

Now, if the aliens are from a different universe, all bets are off.
But I don't know how he managed what he did...

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Hmmm. By definition, there can be at most one universe. Science fiction and science fantasy to the contrary notwithstanding.
Not sure this is true. The only definitions I can find for universe only a apply to this one. Others may share nothing in common with this one. Not matter, space, energy or time.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
What, the aliens are bisexual?

Side note, once you are not a beginner you can edit your thread indefinitely. It is one of the things that make this side different.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Aliens ?? Ya ..right....Keep dreamin.
There ain't any aliens that we could find. I am not saying they are not out there.

Tell me...

Did you really went to the moon ?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
He's gone but bertus is by for a bit.

I'll be out as well in a bit. We can continue your deviant behavior tomorrow. I forgot the addy to paradise login