Aliens at last?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Yes, there is one in the micro-park of a local town here in Western PA. (Mars, Pennsylvania).
This year, they celebrated the Martian New Year, and will continue to celebrate every 619 days.

NASA employees came down from Cleveland (Glenn) to make presentations, there was a street fair, model rocket launches and fireworks. The event felt like the 1960s all over again! Heck, the town looks like the 1960s all over again.

Unfortunately, no UFOs were spotted during the event.

I'm going to have to attend that sometime. Looks like a lot of fun!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Yes, there is one in the micro-park of a local town here in Western PA. (Mars, Pennsylvania). This year, they celebrated the Martian New Year, and will continue to celebrate every 619 days.
So... you're from Mars?... I knew there was an other-worldly air to you... :p

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I'm going to have to attend that sometime. Looks like a lot of fun!
As one gets away from the city, the definition of entertainment is softened a bit. The expectations tempered. An event better covered by the local news paper, Cranberry Eagle, that the Pittsburgh city news paper.

More a time for the local roofing company to display his new offering in shingles and craft store to show off the locally made artistry for sale. The NASA speakers told about mars in general, another about how the new year is calculated on mars, and a third (local alumni) told how she ended up working for NASA. Not worth a trip but fun to watch if you are in the neighborhood.

A sleepy town - apple orchards long gone and now can take advantage of the towns name.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hey, look what I found... yet another article relevant to this discussion:

It's now clear to me that when people want to see things in a picture, they're ready to believe anything.
Your answer lies in the third paragraph:

For years, eagle-eyed conspiracy theorists have been trawling through the photos beamed back to Earth by NASA probes and "discovering" mysterious objects that they say proves the existence of extraterrestrial activity on Mars

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Practically all the news websites that I know have this story in their main pages. Even down here, one of our most serious news outlets has displayed this:

Capture.JPG

It says:

"Have alien mega-structures been found?
Possible alien mega-structures have been
found by the Kepler space telescope that
could explain light-emission anomalies in a star"​

Don't you just love sensationalist journalism? it tests the limits of creativity...

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Don't you just love sensationalist journalism? it tests the limits of creativity...
This is another case where it takes 'Two to Tango'. Someone with book on Aliens sees the KIC 8462852 paper, makes a juicy line and calls a media friend to push it. The media person calls the author of the original paper and pushes them for an Alien connection that they probably laugh at and say sure that's possible.

Next stop, Dyson Sphere:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
This is another case where it takes 'Two to Tango'. Someone with book on Aliens sees the KIC 8462852 paper, makes a juicy line and calls a media friend to push it. The media person calls the author of the original paper and pushes them for an Alien connection that they probably laugh at and say sure that's possible.

Next stop, Dyson Sphere:
Imagine the possibilities... One of my favorite sci-fi books, The Time Ships, by Stephen Baxter, portrays a future earth in which mankind's descendants build a Dyson Sphere around the Sun. The peaceful, civilized part is its outside, whereas the inside is locked in permanent war.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
All VERY INTERESTING as they say. My take on all these sightings?
I have long "concocted" my theory re aliens,UFOs, ghosts etc. It goes as follows.
Some scientists have theorised that there are many "multiverses" in existence beside our own. The way these exist , in my view, is they are in parallel to ours but "phase shifted" somehow. As the "phase shift" becomes greater in relation to ours the differences become greater IE. England wins war of independence, etc.
Now in some places,under some circumstances, there is a "breakthru" between universes which are close in phase(or further off) and we see or experience these sightings etc.
This theory would explain ALL strange sightings, ghosts etc but is hard to prove all though I think it ties up all these strange phenomena and new age talk of "vibrations", crystals etc.
I just cannot imagine any aliens traveling (at any speed) to come here and not make contact. Space is just too vast and dangerous. Although I am reasonably sure they exist somewhere.
I also wonder how the religions would handle it if alien life(specially humanoid) was found to exist.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Imagine the possibilities... One of my favorite sci-fi books, The Time Ships, by Stephen Baxter, portrays a future earth in which mankind's descendants build a Dyson Sphere around the Sun. The peaceful, civilized part is its outside, whereas the inside is locked in permanent war.
Cool story. A sequel to H. G. Well's 'The Time Machine' that might make a good movie.