Akai AA 1030 - DC output after recapping attempt

adriansusan

Joined Oct 14, 2021
Hi, I started recapping my Akai AA 1030. The unit was working perfectly fine, and I really loved it, so I decided to extend its lifetime even more - I bought myself Nichicon capacitors, a soldering unit, everything. That was obviously a bad decision: after recapping the two main capacitors, the ones from the power supply board and the ones on the main amplifier board, I started to have a DC component (7.3 V) at the loudspeaker output. I was so desperate that I put the old capacitors back as they were (and btw, they were all still good), paying attention to polarity, etc. Unfortunately still the same. I found the schematics of the device, unfortunately I don't know where to start from. I am a software engineer, so not quite skilled in electronics...I feel now so sorry for starting this in the first place. Anyone here could help?

adriansusan

Joined Oct 14, 2021
Update: I was able to find the problem: apparently one fuse was melted. I am still a bit puzzled because I checked the fuses several times. Whatever, now it works as before, thank God! I will also cancel the recap operation, the PCBs are not so forgiving for several cap replacement, I already had problems with two, and I had to improvise something there.