Advice please on current limiting power control module design

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Didnt study electronics as in component electronics. We studied the science of computing. If you dont know what that is then perhaps you should not cast dispersions.

This is the 2nd time you have "supported" me on these forums, and the second time I have become frustrated with you. I mean I am asking for help , an explanation as one might give a student. If you dont - or rather cannot - provide the requested information , then I politely ask you to refrain from posting to my threads and go and "help" someone else. Your kind of help is not what I seek. Thank you all the same, but please help elsewhere
You're not going to get help from anyone here with an attitude like that.

If you're confused by acronyms, try googling them first. There are plenty of obscure, confusing acronyms and nicknames in electronics that can be tricky to sort out, but none were mentioned above. Basics like BJT, MOSFET, LTspice, etc. are all universally understood, well documented online, and will have excellent resources available at the top of their Google search results.

You obviously don't understand very basic principles of some very basic components, which is fine - most of us here, including me, are here to learn. We don't show up knowing everything. However, getting defensive and propping up your own credentials isn't helpful.

As for @crutschow, he is very knowledgeable, quite helpful, and really good at explaining things. I can't tell you how much I've learned from him here. I'm indebted to him (and several others.) I can assure you that he understands the circuit he posted, and that he could explain it to someone who already understood more basic concepts. Insulting him on this forum is a fool's errand.

Come back with a fresh attitude and you might get some help. Otherwise, good luck working it out on your own.

daz E

Joined Nov 7, 2017
The circuit posted above by the "venerable wise" @crutschow doesnt work. I am using proteus simulation and have copied the parts in verbatim. There is a current flow into the drain of the Mosfet thrugh the 5K that takes Iout to mV - not enough voltage. I am placing the load across In and Out

Rlim set to 0.07ohm to trip at 10A on 12V.

Circuit doesnt work

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
The circuit posted above by the "venerable wise" @crutschow doesnt work. I am using proteus simulation and have copied the parts in verbatim. There is a current flow into the drain of the Mosfet thrugh the 5K that takes Iout to mV - not enough voltage. I am placing the load across In and Out

Rlim set to 0.07ohm to trip at 10A on 12V.

Circuit doesnt work
Try it with the load between "out" and ground. I believe that is how it was intended to be used.