adjust signal- pulses from scintillation probe

ιωαννης χορτομαρης

Joined Apr 11, 2018
Hi all,

I have scintillation probe and I connect charge sensitive amplifier which produce positive analog pulses 0v-5v with periode 200us.
So the problem is that, how can I adjust the pulses to cut the upper and lower pulses from one adjusment window"not window comparator"

I try with op-ampt adn I reach to control the lower pulses from lower level e.x with simpe connection on op-amp with Vref (-v) (inverting input ) power the lower level and signal to +v input . With thiw connection I have on output only the upper pulses from Vref .

but I try days to cut the upper pulses from upper level but I can not yet !!! only with Zener diode I try to cut the upper pulses but I want to control with trimmer if it can because I'm not sure the window which I need

what can I do? have some one an idea?

I upload and the images

blue color channel show the output

yellow color channel show the input signal from charge sensitive amplifier -all pulses from 0v to 5 v

John

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The links is linked to the non-english site without image file and it was deleted, I can't see the image, please upload it to our forum.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I cannot see how you can do it without a window comparator. You need two analog comparators, one to set the minimum level (called the Low Level Discriminator or LLD) and the other to set the maximum level (called the Upper Level Discriminator or ULD).

ιωαννης χορτομαρης

Joined Apr 11, 2018

many thanks dear Bordodynov,

my project is same with on the following link but I would like to count pulses on one Dspic... (also I buy 24bit ADC to do easier the discriminator job
)

what kind of op-amp must I use? I have LM833, LM358 ,LMC8462 , LM339, LM139 must I use op-amp on circuit?
Moreover, I have 0-5v pulses 200μS - 200us stable period

look at the following link it can't cut upper pulses from upper level reference voltage

https://forums.parallax.com/discuss...ndow-comparator-that-doesnt-mess-with-my-head

thanks for your apply

John.

ιωαννης χορτομαρης

Joined Apr 11, 2018
Dear Bordodynov,

It is possible to explain and your circuit?? (Or someone else) .

Why you use only the non inverting inputs of op amps as a reference voltage??

Must I build the simple circuit with other op amp to cut the lower signal from lower level connecting the reference voltage on inverting input and the signal on non inverting input?? (This can I do, to cut the lower signals of reference voltage :) )

I'll try to test your circuit in few hours

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I applied a fast operational amplifier from Rail to Rail.
This is a scheme, such I thought of it, with the supply of a reference voltage to the non-inverting input. I made a double-sided limiter. If you do not need a limit from below, then throw out some of the circuitry. An operational amplifier with a diode and a reference signal is an ideal zener diode, which together with a resistor form a limiter.

ιωαννης χορτομαρης

Joined Apr 11, 2018
I applied a fast operational amplifier from Rail to Rail.
This is a scheme, such I thought of it, with the supply of a reference voltage to the non-inverting input. I made a double-sided limiter. If you do not need a limit from below, then throw out some of the circuitry. An operational amplifier with a diode and a reference signal is an ideal zener diode, which together with a resistor form a limiter.
Many thanks dear Bordodynov.
Yes I would like window -upper and lower voltage limits
I'm trying to build it.

ιωαννης χορτομαρης

Joined Apr 11, 2018
Dear Bordodynov,

it can'twork! your circuit, because without folloers on start and and of circuit the input signal going straight on output. the signal follow the sorter way.
tring again and again and I see that after stading the circuit

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Dear Bordodynov,

it can'twork! your circuit, because without folloers on start and and of circuit the input signal going straight on output. the signal follow the sorter way.
tring again and again and I see that after stading the circuit
HI

Bordodynov probably has a better answer.
But I think you need to add resistors (R2 and R3) so it sums the output correctly.

eT

Draft20-1-ckt.png

ιωαννης χορτομαρης

Joined Apr 11, 2018
HI

Bordodynov probably has a better answer.
But I think you need to add resistors (R2 and R3) so it sums the output correctly.

eT

View attachment 155843
dear eetech00,

nothing again!!!!

now I build it and I test it and measure the output following the input!!!!!

this circuit is an follower voltage!!!! nothing more!!!

I would like to pay for one circuit window comprator if you can built it!!!

Several days I spend my time to build thiis circuit but I can do that.

I believe that, opw amp compare voltage only one stage and only one direction . The inverting input (reference voltage) is the limit . So, if the input voltage-signal is higher than that limit , voltage-pulses from non inverting input (+) release on output if not the inverting input (reference voltage) is higher than the non inverting input (+) then the output is ZERO !!!

I can't upload image from my oscilloscope from circuit

I'm electrical enginner and I sady the op-amp's generally. Electronics are my hobby , I haven't expirience and I'm not expert in this area,but my result's and my opinion it that!!!

have you an other idea? how can I take all pulses from input to output of an window -espesially area of voltages???
how can analog to digital converter works??? how it can single votages??

thanks,
John.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
emmmm, would You be sure that any opamp be capable to work with scintillations?? I suggest the scintillation may take the picoseconds or at least nanosecond, while opamaps never are able for Megahertzs except few.