Adding LEDs to negatively triggered switches

Meech

Joined Jul 22, 2017
Was looking to add LEDs and appropriate resistors to each of the negatively triggered switches K1-K4 so that an LEDs will light when the button (NO) is pressed and turn off when the switch is pressed again. Would the best wiring option be + power lead to anode of LED and cathode lead to the negative (ground) rail of switches K1-K4?

datas.png

Last edited:

Meech

Joined Jul 22, 2017
Scratch that, that will light all LEDs at once, I was looking for the best way to light up a single LED for each button press, that path is eluding me.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Was looking to add LEDs and appropriate resistors to each of the negatively triggered switches K1-K4 so that an LEDs will light when the button (NO) is pressed and turn off when the switch is pressed again.
What exactly is the board? The problem is that if K1 through K4 are momentary push button switches the LEDs will only illuminate when the push button is held. If you want the LEDs to behave as you mention you can likely do that using a D flip flop like a 4013 but you will need some external circuitry. You will also likely need some switch de bounce.

Ron

Meech

Joined Jul 22, 2017
I revised, looking to light a single LED with each button press. Will be using a latched switch. press on "light" press again "LED off".

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I revised, looking to light a single LED with each button press. Will be using a latched switch. press on "light" press again "LED off".
Then no problem. What you want should work fine as to having LEDs illuminate when any of the 4 switches are On.

Ron