Accessing an unknown device via Serial

lranger2

Joined May 18, 2018
I have a set of 4 channel 900mhz headphones from a manufacturer in China. They have a USB port on them that when I connect them to my computer are detected as an unknown device. I need to be able to use serial commands to directly change channels on the device but I've been unable to find the right drivers or figure out how to gain any control. Ideally, I want to build a secondary board to enable remote control of the device, but first I have to figure out how to actually control it. Does anyone recognize these chips and can tell me how to talk to it?

Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/prsth1ts8f15tgv/AACCf9PZHfpkFgnLCiYfC_nSa?dl=0

lranger2

Joined May 18, 2018
Yes, that is the headphones, however I need to be able to remotely control the channel directly. Not just press the button and cycle through, but tell it to go from 1 to 3 and back to 2 even if someone manually presses the button to change the channel. I've figured out there is an STM32 on there, but I haven't figured out how to talk to it. I think I can debug it somehow but the USB port just says "unknown device" then disconnects, and reconnects over and over again.

lranger2

Joined May 18, 2018
Thanks, I have ordered a STM32 programmer/debugger and I may be stuck until then. Note that this isn't an educational project, I've been thrown into this for a job because I can't find anyone to hire to do this. If someone knows how to debug STM32's and can help me, I would be happy to pay well for the help!