AC Voltmeter Using Microcontroller Design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics19

Joined Apr 9, 2018
Hello Friends ,

I have gone through lot of post on how to design AC voltmeter using pic micro-controller (PI16F913) . I am doing it for one of my project. I want to design a digital voltmeter which can measure from 80 VAC to 160 VAC (RMS Values only). I cannot use a potential transformer because of limited space. What I want is that the meter is powered form the same input AC source which it is measuring. I have used a Full wave bridge rectifier & a 330 micro-Farad Cap to convert 115v AC to 115 V Dc. & a potential divider to bring to voltage down within 5 Volts for microcontroller to measure. I am using a zener diode voltage regulator with transistor buffer as an input to Voltage regulator (5V output).

I have breadboard the circuit but the problem is that the Regulator output reduces to around 3 vollts when i am setting the input volts through Ac variac
to 90 volts the LCD turns off. I checked the voltage output of the regulator and it was around 2.9 volts which is way less for LCD. ( LCD is a 5V LCD). So how would i solve this problem. Also The ADC Values have lot of variation is there any perticular solution to them?

Here is my circuit diagram.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.