AC 12v Synchronous Motor

John Berry

Joined May 17, 2016
Hello I have just purchased a synchronous motor for my Christmas tree - AC 12v 50/60Hz 1-2W
I now want to purchase a mains power adapter to plug into the tree base.
I have tried many Webb sites but no one understands what I am wanting.
What exactly should I type into the search bar? Should the label on the adapter read the same as the motor, ( Output 12v ac 50/60Hz 1-2W) ?
Hope someone can help.
Many thanks
John :)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
See if you can obtain a mains bell transformer here they come just above 12vac, the voltage is not critical.
A straight transformer is not exactly a precise component anyway.
Max.

John Berry

Joined May 17, 2016
Just one last question please, I have noticed that on my sync motor that both the wires are black.
Not 1 red and 1 black? Which is + and - ?
Thanks again.. John :)

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Hello I have just purchased a synchronous motor for my Christmas tree - AC 12v 50/60Hz 1-2W
I now want to purchase a mains power adapter to plug into the tree base.
I have tried many Webb sites but no one understands what I am wanting.
What exactly should I type into the search bar? Should the label on the adapter read the same as the motor, ( Output 12v ac 50/60Hz 1-2W) ?
Hope someone can help.
Many thanks
John :)
Gee, it's only June 1St and you're already planning for Christmas???

I thought Christmas was getting too commercialized and the holiday season is getting moved up earlier and earlier. When Christmas does finally arrive, don't forget to start planning for the 4Th Of July. In some places, fire crackers go on sale in January. :D:p:)

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Gee, it's only June 1St and you're already planning for Christmas???

I thought Christmas was getting too commercialized and the holiday season is getting moved up earlier and earlier. When Christmas does finally arrive, don't forget to start planning for the 4Th Of July. In some places, fire crackers go on sale in January. :D:p:)
We don't celebrate that in UK, we do Guy Fawkes in November..:D ( dozy sod fancy trying to blow up a government building in winter :confused:)

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Just one last question please, I have noticed that on my sync motor that both the wires are black.
Not 1 red and 1 black? Which is + and - ?
DC is Direct Current - or current that is always moving in one direction - hence the need for a positive and a negative, and usually a red wire and black wire for positive and negative.

AC is Alternating Current - or current that is constantly changing direction. There is no positive and negative in an AC motor or AC power supply. So you don't need a red and black wire; two black wires will do the job just fine.